Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Ohh Ralphie are you getting me that new truck with the plow on it.. How sweet of you and Judy...

2. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Ok where does someone buy overalls and a straw hat at??? Need it for a joke.. But then u never know I might like them and start wearing them.. Lol

3. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Good morning coffee. You'll want to go to a tractor supply store: up here we have L & M or Fleet Farm. I think you guys have TSC or Runnings down there, maybe a Fleet Farm. You should be able to find coveralls-- Dickies seems to be the brand of choice. Straw hats may be seasonal. Gardening stuff usually gets displayed in February but you never know.
    And although it sounds a like a joke if your farm goes through you may actually dig them out for proper use on your farm later, lol.

Sorry about your dollar tree kloppers. Yeah those kitties might take a bit to acclimate. But you may find your predators reduced with them as well. Barn kitties are a good thing. So you think a fox got your barred rock? This time of year I have low suspicion for coon or possum. They hunker down in winter- skunks too. They don't hibernate but they get sleepy and den up to conserve until warmer temps. I wonder about fox or something like with a left carcass.
    Our bird of prey kill this fall left 3 piles of feathers. No body at all.

Tuesday already. Going to courthouse to get passports for kids today.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Poor little kitties... It is a cruel world. Might want to think about getting them fixed before sending them out into the big world though...
    I would think fleet farm or tractor supply would carry these items.

2 people like this.
  5. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie pics of your new birds is in order! Glad your trip to Ejb's was a good one.

Holm sorry to hear about Lulu.

6. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Kloppers. Are you implying your sweet innocent pup had anything to do with the tree fainting? Her face looks pretty innocent to me. She is lucky it never fell on her.

Poor kittens, but a barn cat is a good cat. I kind of wish I had a barn cat or two.

Coffee, Let me give you another hint of what your housewarming gift(s) is/are.

They could all fit in your truck and might even enjoy sitting on your truck. You can get overalls on Ebay also, or Amazon, they are normally cheaper there than the stores. Being an old fat fart I love wearing them all the time. My grandpa use to wear them so I started wearing them as a joke on my daughter. I found them so comfortable and practical I wear them 90% of the time now.

They keep your Shirts clean. You do not have the plumber crack complications. When I come in I can take them off and I am clean enough to come in the house. They go over a pair of cut-offs or shorts in seconds. They are just great to wear. And the best thing is they are stylish as H- e Double hockey sticks!

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I will get some today if I can, The girls are not exactly friendly. EJB has failed to train them to sit in his lap and lay an egg. I do not understand it...

BTW seriously if you get a chance to get a bird from EJB and to sit down and visit with him do so. He is a wealth of knowledge.
    We had a good visit only thing missing was coffee (the drinking kind).

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh on the egg side!

I got 4 diamond encrusted eggs yesterday and 12 chicken eggs from the layers!

I actually have someone coming to get 5 dozen tonight. This is my first egg sale in weeks/months.

With the "new cabinet" incubator I will be able to keep hatches separate too and hopefully not have a chance for a mix up like the non-creamer in with the creamettes.

1 person likes this.
  9. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota

I don't know what the heck are it. Trap was empty today again but it had been tripped. Of course I forgot to put out my camera again so I'm still in the dark

10. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota

Oh she definitely was innocent :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by