Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    BC it is your lucky day!! Howwould you like some blueish fluffy footed EE Cochin x chicks this spring!! I need an excuse to start hatching soon!!

2. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Oh, Ralphie, that's right [​IMG] They are a beautiful bird, but... no to the single comb! There are many beautiful birds with small combs [​IMG] But, I don't have to worry about that for awhile...

3. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    So about 2 months ago we had issues with not having enough egg cartons for selling eggs so we finally broke down and bought some cartons. Pretty much as soon as we got them, every person we sell to started bringing them back in droves... now we are overwhelmed with cartons and havent even used a brand new one yet...
    [​IMG]

The worst part is that if we hadn't ordered them we would have run out and never got any back from any customers... you know, murphy's law and junk...

3 people like this.
  4. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I have a shelf full of cartons too, At one point I almost bought some but I held out and now have tons...

Sure you do, Just tell your DH to skip another year of fishing and build a new coop and run. He is experienced now so it will go fast.

1 person likes this.
  5. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    By the way, if anyone needs some brand new cartons I would be happy to give you the deal on them. We paid 30c each for them but had to buy 150 to get that price. I will give you that price for as many as you want, just PM me and we can figure it out. They are brand new but printed with a company logo ( I think they actually say "farmers market eggs" or similar). They were either a misprint or a company that went out of business.

6. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop

1 person likes this.
  7. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Oh gosh holm. Total enabler! And snowball salesman!!!! As tempting as they sound -- and they really do--- because I see your Zeus all the time in photos and drool--I'm going to hold out for egg color for now. I know you said EE crosses but would I be guaranteed blue egg layers?
    I tucked every body in tonight. Saw that I could probably butcher 3 hens in the spring. That would leave me space for 5 new birds with gorgeous egg colors. Another thing I have on my list of desired traits lately is thriftiness with feed/ or excellent foragers. Nothing with Cornish in it shall we say.

8. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    its best NOT to read Ralphies posts...good thing i cant have kids I would owe him my first born,,,

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Not me??? No Way!!

10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I happen to know someone that has some beautiful blue egg layers that are friendly without being overbearing, economical to raise and will give you a money back guarantee the eggs will be blue.... Thanks to rooster with the overly active sex drive that from EJB.....

And Coffee will have an uncle or father to your birds depending on your desires....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by