Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

You could own a few Creamettes before then..

2. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Kloppers did you throw that frozen egg in the fry pan? They are still good. Not much bacteria lives on a frozen egg. and then plus the frying helps. [​IMG]

3. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I actually fed it to my dog. she really needed some consoling and treat after the Christmas tree incident.

she thought it was great

1 person likes this.
  4. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Oh Boy!!! Now you went and done it..

That pup is being rewarded for tipping the tree..Soon he's going to be tipping other things over for a treat....

5. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Good to know ...

1 person likes this.
  6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I went out to feed and water the birds. I had my phone so I took some pictures of MY New birds EJB's old ones.

They are NOT friendly, The pictures are through the door and wire. They wanted to escape when I opened the door more than a crack. The lighting is terrible so I did have to lighten the pictures. So, the colors will be off a tad.

[​IMG]

Look at the beautiful cushion comb! Impervious to our weather! She was not really holding still for the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do not worry about their confinement it is only temporary. I made the ICU for one sick bird. I thought about putting them in separate rooms but thought that would be harder on them. I hate crowding them but it seemed best choice for a week or so while they get use to me and this place.

Also last night I found something that looks really good on eggs and tastes good too.. (Holm turn your head)

[​IMG]

BTW my wife wanted to know why I would put this on eggs. Then she said " oh to show those chicken people!".

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    3 people like this.
  7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    JerrySe... Could you show us a picture of a good bird of a breed and tell us why it is good, without going so far off in the weeds I fall asleep? I try to read those threads and I have no idea what they are talking about 99% of the time..

What would be a good CLB? Would interest me. I want to know if I have good or bad ones.

8. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Ohhh very pretty birds.. I even did a little low growl chuckle,, that was a bit scary... lol... I really should not be on this site.. Some people get gold fever I think I have bird fever.. Not good.. And I think I would try those eggs they look tastier then just plain scrabbled ..

1 person likes this.
  9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

This is why you need me to guide you. Someone that semi-knows chickens and knows when you are at your limit. Trust in me will keep you from over doing it.

BTW The things in those bottles never touched the eggs themselves, they just looked good sitting on them.

10. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Okay back from the Court House Gig. The kids liked it when we had to raise our hands and swear and oath that they are our kids and that we say who we are. So Dramatic!

My son also was yipping about Green Beans at school how they're not allowed to use butter and salt with the new reduced calorie programs for kids. Little bit concerning to me as a parent of a growing (normally) teenage boy. ......But! That's a naughty BYC can of worms waiting to be opened. LOL.

Ralphie, I showed your special eggs to DH and he chuckled at that.

Holm your anticipation for Cochin Chicks is palpable. Can't say as I blame you!!!!

[​IMG] Those Chantecler Hens!!!! [​IMG] The pencil lacing is gorgeous!!!

It is obvious you are taking proper precautions as any smart person on BYC knows when introducing new birds to a larger flock. They look well cared for to me. and Yes I'm sure they take comfort in having a flock mate in their pen. No worries from this crowd on how they will be treated (like queens I'm guessing-lucky birds). I think you've made a wise breed choice there. And won't Ed stop dead in his tracks when he sees those girlie girls!?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by