Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Cyrus83

Cyrus83 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    Hello everybody, sorry about my lack of redneck input lately. Between work and the holidays I have been stretched pretty thin. But it looks like I am actually going to get up north to spear some northerns this weekend though. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Lucky you!

Where you headed?

Do you let the bullheads go? Do you practice catch and release on the ones you spear?

[​IMG]

3. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Nice will be waiting for your egg report in spring!

4. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Yes you should get cushion combs and olive eggs . If you use Ed over the creamette you will have sex links . Cockerels will have the white head spot .

5. Cyrus83

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    I'll be at the headwaters of the Cloquet river, and the bullheads get to swim on by. No releasing on spearing days, its part of my hammerhandle conservation program.

6. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie, if you cross Creamette with Ed you should get green tint to the eggs. Blue x Lt Brown = Green There can be a lot of variability in the actual color.

7. Lelanae

Lelanae Chillin' With My Peeps

So nice to hear you say that! I just re-homed my favorite chicken because I am not allowed a 'roo and he was supposed to be a pullet! Everyday he was getting more interactive and friendlier and prettier....luckily I found him a safe home, but I miss him!

8. Cyrus83

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    speaking of chickens, would anybody be interested in adopting my flock? Me and the wife have decided that we want to get our property in top shape so we can get it on the market and find farm. I have been so busy lately that I have a hard time keeping up with chicken chores, and I am sick of cleaning the coop after dark.

9. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

What do you have? Hatchery or breeder?

How many.

Have you tried inviting Coffee out for a beer? She will just fill her pockets with your birds as she leaves.. BUT she is my overflow place so I guess that is a bad Idea.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    2 people like this.
  10. Cyrus83

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    I have a mix, I have 4 amost 2 year old hatchery SLW hens that I got from Anoka farm and garden, I have 2 Black Copper Marans hens and a roo, I bought them from a gal near me who breeds BCM's, and the rest are mixes that I hatched from those birds in late July

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by