Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Ouch poor puppy. :(

@duluthralphie my dog hurt his back, very long story, but, for them to heal you need to keep her from jumping off of furniture, or out of a truck, or jumping for a ball for 3 months at least.
    Our puppy chiropractor said the worse thing they can do is Jump down. The jumping up is fine, but when they jumo down their rib cage keeps the upper back straight, but the lower half where there is no rib cage can twist, or compress and you can rupture disks or get Muscle spasms, strains ect. He said he saw a huge increase in the duluth police canine dogs of back injuries when they switched from cars to suvs. Our dog is fine now, 2 years ago be lost total use of his back legs for 3 days. And some loss to his front Very scary. It is a $5000 surgury if it happens again and he losses deep pain sensation. No jumping for him.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Good Afternoon my Chicken friends! Whew! I hate to brag yet . . . I just threw away alllllll my Martha Stewart Living magazines. Yea! Oh I have done alot of stuff yesterday and today but the biggest thing was I cleaned out the run and coop. I did it today because it is warm. I took out the old and put in new. About six inches of pine needles. Took all that out of the walk-in area and then took the front area stuff and moved it to the back and gave them new pine needles. Oh they are so busy.

My life will be changing now. My sweet, young, beautiful, girls are starting to brood. One actually pecked at me when I reached in to get her egg. It is all interesting and new to me. Fun!

Now I will find out how to post pictures. Can't be too difficult. Right?

3. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Sounds like you worked hard!! Do u have a roo??

4. lvie

Ahhhhh we must have missed it or for sure my DH would have had it on.

5. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Its on again tonight!!

6. lvie

Would not have to scrub stools. Use a different one each day and at the end of the month have a cleaning service come it to do it.

7. lvie

DRESS Warm!

8. lvie

Yes I do. His name is Tom Hanks and he is a barred. I am going out right now to take pictures.

9. lvie

I HAVE to tell my DH. He is slipping to not have it on last night. He is not going to be happy that he missed it. Oh well.

10. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Now there is thinking! Genius!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by