Surviving Minnesota!

Klop you are really good at making up excuses!! Lol jk I have to do chores first too.

I have to try and get a snow fence put up today. Hopefully the ground into too hard! shows me for putting it of... i wasnt expecting the freeze to come on so sudden.

It is going to run parallel to my drive way in my neighbors field. Anyone know how far i should put it from my driveway? im googling it now...

From today on i will be scraping the poop boards daily. the longer you wait, the worse the job gets. and that isnt even taking the moisture issue into account!
You may want to try and dust the boards with dirt, sand, or Horse Stall Refresher to keep the poo from freezing to the board as much, may make your life a little easier in the mornings.

I have to try and get a snow fence put up today. Hopefully the ground into too hard! shows me for putting it of... i wasnt expecting the freeze to come on so sudden.

It is going to run parallel to my drive way in my neighbors field. Anyone know how far i should put it from my driveway? im googling it now...
well this answers that...

• Row – A drift can spread as far as 35 times the height of the fence. Therefore, the fence must be at least that far from the roadway and the distance may be farther because of irregular terrain. Also build the fence longer than the area that needs to be protected. Add 20 times the height of the fence on each end to account for wind variation.

I was not expecting it to be that much...

Klop you are really good at making up excuses!! Lol jk I have to do chores first too.
gig.gif

Right!

Wow, looks like your fence is going to be a big'un if you go by that paragraph.
my fence is 4' high, so that means it needs to be 140' from my driveway by that estimate.

I am considering doing 2 parallel fences but i have nothing to go on except that it makes sense in my head. i dont want to make it worse!

my problem is that i have a long tree belt that runs east west on the north edge of our homeplace. there is about 100+ yards of field between us and the road that our driveway divides running north/south. our prevailing wind is from the north and west. The wind hits the belt line and drops big drigts right where the driveway comes through the trees. sometimes it is about all i can do to get my plow truck up to ramming speed and smash through them because they drift in and get incredibly hard! you could almost just drive right over them and not break through if you would go high center on it. sometimes i have to get out my tractor and drive over it just to break it up so my plow doesnt slide up the drift when i try to hit it.

I bet, the building inspector pulled in here and nailed me on a "little addition too". Again he was just driving by. I have no idea how he saw it on the far side away from the road. I got a really pretty "red tag" saying STOP on it from him. He actually was a pretty decent guy. I was wondering if by going up like that I could avoid the permit and inspection stuff. I love the looks of it. I was thinking I should make a 2 story chicken coop.

LOL. It is actually only 120 square feet because that is the limit to not need a building permit. My DH is a genl contractor and the building inspector was very comfortable stopping to jaw a while. That shed has the elevated floor that I told you about before. I told my DH and my DS that they could not discuss projects any longer or I would have to separate them. My DS came up with the elevator floor idea. Ugh! I call it the Rapunzel house. And yes, you can avoid the permit and inspection and I believe that the criteria for what is allowable has changed to a larger size.

I get very little blowing snow here, I have pines that kind of hold the snow from the NW.

I have not dine much today.

I have decided to go back to old steel founts and the misery they mean for watering. The drinking cups do not work in this cold. I have failed.

I do not want them to freeze and crack so I am going to put the water tanks I made away until spring.. I built a cafeteria room for the creamettes, moisture cannot get from the cafeteria into the creamettes coop. I am going to try and keep the cups in there as long as possible.

Very disappointing. Winters stink!

On a better note, I got us tickets to see Carrie Underwood, Charles Eston, Claire Bowen, Ricky Skaggs and who knows who else. they do not give the complete list of artists at the Grand Ol Opry. We have tickets for A Saturday and a Tuesday night. We be excited about it, it is a place we have always wanted to go.

Back
Top Bottom