Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN

Have ever thought maybe theu want u to talk with a canadian accent.

2. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Working on outside chores as I type. Dh and DD are doing the outside work. I and dd get to fill jugs and buckets and thaw out the frozen waterers from inside. After poultry are taken care of I will head out to look over the cattle.

Warmed to -15!! Wow! DH was up at 7 and it was -25 so a 10 degree gain in 2.5 hours is awesome!!

Ralphie how did Bert Jr and the ladies fair last night? Did you get another egg? Have you put dummy eggs in the next boxes? Maybe that would encourage them to lay in there instead of the one corner you can hardly reach.

3. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    What is this amazing looking pile of carbs? Looks like something that would go well with cinnamon butter.

Perhaps some vitamins and electrolytes in her water will perk her up a bit. I'm battling a respiratory infection in my flock. Hopefully, what your pullet has doesn't turn into anything more. Fingers crossed for you.

Klop, was this the area Blair Walsh kicked to at the end of the game yesterday? Ya know, outside the goal posts....where the football should not be....

I'm going to go cry again.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  4. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Is it bad for a chicken or turkey to have dust floating around the coop?

5. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Happened right in front of me. Bummed we lost, but I don't blame Blair.

6. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    I don't think we are going to eliminate dust floating around the coop. Especially using pine shavings or hay. Why? What have you got going on that might be concerning? I don't think having a ton of dust is good though.

7. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN

I use pine shavings. Wirh all the people that are having sinus issue and other things I wanted to makesure dust wouldn't cause anything like that. Just wondering...

Was there any babies this morning Rhetts? Or did she bag up any more??

8. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi ya all.

RALPH - tell us what happened at the dentist.

KLOP - I am glad you dressed for the occasion. And who could blame anyone for the whiskey - they were thankful the fans were there. And it is too bad about that final kick but oh well,
    thats the name of the game. Its not his fault the game was lost. It was not lost on one kick. Well, actually it was lost on that one kick but if the Vikings had gotten one touch down then
    that kick would not have mattered.

Its been a busy morning already. Ton of stuff done in the house. Plus I made the chickies scramble eggs with apple and cranberries and cracked bulgar. Ohhhhh they are so spoiled. They love me so much. Plus I picked up another brooder lamp at Runnings yesterday and red bulbs. They snuggled right into their coop last night. I woke up at about 1:30 and layed there thinking I should go check on them. I talked myself out of it. Just a little nervous with the heat in the coop/run. But it stayed at approx +10 with the heat. Their water is right there for them to drink from inside the coop (it sits outside the coop - in the run - on a font. They are drinking almost a gallon of water a day! Egg production is still up. I check their feet and they seem okay so far. Their combs look good. Lotssa carbs and as much protein as I can get into them. Looking good for now.

RHETTS - anxious to hear how the cow is doing. Don't forget to keep us updated.

So much going on!

9. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Well the good news is the Packers won so thats good.

10. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by