Surviving Minnesota!

I'm trying to remember what causes this. I think you can give them apple cider vinegar to help with this. I have a friend who had this issue and they added a powder to the feed. I'll have to ask them
In cattle or baby chicks, I'd think coccidiosis, but wasn't sure on a laying hen.

Layers that stinks! Too early for snow and frozen hoses. I am hoping to use hose until the first of November, knowing they will freeze at night but thaw by 11am. :fl:fl

@MNChickMom That coop is amazing, When I was there and your described it I never realized how big it was going to be!! I am officially jealous.

I did my daily lapper training with KnuckleHead and knothead. They are getting better. I have a couple of pictures of Knucklehead on my knee. View attachment 1151579

You can see here my hand is not even on him, Look at the grin he has! He is really learning to love the handling and cuddling.
View attachment 1151580

And here he is standing and enjoying our time together, I have my hand on his back but I am hardly holding him at all. I can see a "Cuddling" Badge in his future.
:lau:lau:lau
He looks severely pi$$d off!!

Thinking about winter watering with all this talk of freezing hoses....

Will soft water hurt the chickens? All of my indoor water is soft.

My chickens get watered with our softened water all the time. That and swamp water and mud puddles.

Some girls just grow fluff that is extra. It doesn't hurt to try a probiotic/electrolyte combo in the water. It might have been a stressful moment that upset her tummy too. My girls seem to get poopy quite easily.

Salmon Faverolles. Full sizers. Anybody on here breeding? It's looking like Urch from my web searches which would be a nice road trip. My wheels are turning again on my "chicken-math-single-mindedness-chicken-wishlist-brain."
The hens are so cute. Might be too bright though.

My chickens get watered with our softened water all the time. That and swamp water and mud puddles.

Some girls just grow fluff that is extra. It doesn't hurt to try a probiotic/electrolyte combo in the water. It might have been a stressful moment that upset her tummy too. My girls seem to get poopy quite easily.

Salmon Faverolles. Full sizers. Anybody on here breeding? It's looking like Urch from my web searches which would be a nice road trip. My wheels are turning again on my "chicken-math-single-mindedness-chicken-wishlist-brain."
The hens are so cute. Might be too bright though.
@Minniechickmama Has some. :)

Back
Top Bottom