Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I have plums, however, mine are really hit hard with cedar rust. I have wild and a "domesticated" variety. However, my farmette is located on the border between 4a and 4 b and not way up there were your property is. MY cabin is north of you about 100 miles I have no fruit trees there, but I hope to get some there someday.

Happy Anniversary.. You will be sharing your Anniversary with another from here.

2. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Oh Bummer! Does this mean my DW will win the life insurance lottery?

I think guys should live longer, they do deserves some quiet time before they pass.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  3. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I have been sworn to secrecy... and I really have no idea where she is... I was thinking some tropical island with her birds.

4. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here you go @jerryse A little something for you to look forward to on a deck in Longville soon. Some wild blackberries you just picked with a Saturday Brunch on the deck. We have some wild plumbs here on our drive here into the house. But I only ever see the blossoms and something must get at the fruit before I do. When I lived in St. Cloud with DH on our hobby farm for a short time we had them there too. I tried one...obviously too soon. My cheeks dried out tasting it. Pretty Tart.

Certainly you could be right about Sasquatch in Bena as it is also rumored that Al Capone hid in some houses up there in his glory days.
    or maybe it was in the Big Fish. I don't know for sure.

[​IMG]

The only thing I've ever ran into is kids hiding in the bushes throwing rocks at my car. Little Bass turds. That is what Bena is famous for for me. LOL.

Ivie: you are way smarter than me. Marrying a younger man. I should have thought ahead on that one...as I was the one that had to piece together that coop. dang it all. The older they get the more they go down the dumper. That's for sure.

5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I have been the SIL of the wicked witch of the south for 42 years, Cinco De mayo it will be 43... BTW when we got married no one on Minnesota had heard of that cinco de mayo stuff.

I have pit up with her POOP for 42 years,, her with my POUP for the same.. Of course the years have seemed a lot longer and been a lot harder on me than her.

BTW Ivie how long has your family been in the area? I am the 5th generation in Orrock Township. I was wondering if you are one of those new families that moved in on us......

Oh and if you go to Svea Hill Cemetery you can visit with my Great great Grandpa.

6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Ok,, enough teasing Ivie, I need to get dressed and go do afternoon chores...

Now that it has warmed up to 3 above!

7. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Happy Anniversary Jerry! Treat her well! Congratulations.

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Back in..

JJ is the godfather of my Birds, Ethel is the godmother and that was reinforced today. Remember I said I picked Ethel off the roost. Well, that was a bad move it ticked her off.

When I went back outside she was back up there. She looked down at me and gave me a dirty look that said "You better leave me up here, Bellybutton!"

Of course I did. I checked for eggs no eggs in the layers.

I then went to Bert Junior's girls. One egg in the nest! BTW those CX's lay huge eggs. They are averaging 2.35 ounces! I now have 4 toads to go into the incubator..

I put the CX egg into the carton and went to check the Creamettes. All the Creamettes were on the roosts. There were two shiny diamond encrusted eggs in the nest boxes. I picked them up and placed them in the carton but had not closed it yet..

I have a double man door on the creamette coops so they cannot esc ape to the outside. I failed to close the outside man door. My pup decided to see what was going in inside the coop and pushed the second door open with her nose. We all know what meek mild sweet demeanors the Creamettes have. This was enough to cause one to fly off the roost. Claws first into my face, then slide down my face drawing blood the whole way.

It then flew into my hand knocking the two diamond encrusted eggs to the floor cracking them into little pieces. She then flew back up to her roost. I was sure I heard her say " that is from Ethel"....

I am now afraid to go into the coops.

When I got into the house, my DW asked me what happened to me, when I told her I was attacked by a creamette she laughed at me. But she did dab the blood off my face.

9. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I now know what good use the creamettes have!! They are hitman!!

10. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Happy anniversary!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by