Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie, you are partly correct. Some of my family was involved with the Rail Road. You will be even wealthier than I after the drawing on Wednesday evening!
    They don't call me PT Jr. for no reason.

1 person likes this.
  2. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    DId the toad egg survive???

A tail mounted birthing sensor? Now i really have seen it all!

3. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    @Bogtown Chick I fed no scratch and only cob corn this morning and they ate most of their layer ration today, so i think they were playing me :) everyone seems to be doing well and hanging in there. My heated dog bowls are struggling a bit with this cold of weather with a thick layer of ice on top when i go out there. in the AM and after work. Easy to break out though. I am impressed with the durability of the bowls as i bang on them to get the ice out. having the thawed water at the bottom of the bowl probably helps it pop out. The girls were very thirsty today and one even hopped into the bowl while i was filling it up. i had to snag her and dry her in fear of her getting chilled. silly girl!

My only backup is to go back to rubber hog pans, so hopefully the warm up happens soon.

4. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Kloppers the toad egg did survive. I have 4 toads eggs to go in on Saturday. The size of them is amazing!

5. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    I had to look that up. Wow, they really do think of everything now don't they! If only it wasn't so expensive. LOL!

We do actually have more action tonight. The girl with the undercarriage shots I previously posted is majorly swollen on her backside (you can see it when her tail is hanging normally)and she has more mucus coming forth. Bagging up?? I don't know. She is slightly bigger in the udder but NOTHING like what is shown on Youtube. But every cow is different right? maybe she is nearly bagged? or maybe she is light years away. In any case we are going out at about 10pm to check on her. I think this calls for rock paper scissors on who gets to pull the first all nighter. NOT ME!

6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Wow the Moocall Calving Sensor is a real thing. I thought EJB was pulling our leg.

7. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop

Ahem.... Most definitely Ed. It's a bit embarrassing to admit....

He has definitely got issues in a certain room of the house....

..... Which would be the.....

Kitchen where the Flipping Garbage is always FULL and requires me to yip at him every time it needs to be taken out!!!!!!!

8. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Me too! I googled it to be sure haha

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Garbage haul out duties firmly fall within the scope of Woman's Work, in the guide I am looking at....

10. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Ralphie that Ethel sounds so darn cute.

Sorry about those now diamond chips from the Screamette attack. And of course the scratches on your good lookin face.

Good thing Judy is a nurse so you didn't bleed out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by