Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    I did too! :)
    Um, Amy, I hate to say this being a woman and all myself BUT the garbage can IS in the kitchen...........[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Loretta this was actually a fight this week! :D I have given him one duty in maintenance of this house and that is garbage and recycling. He does no lawn. He fishes, hunts, parties gambles and lays around here watching tv and eats. It is very one sided house and if I had the time I'd have to feed him grapes one at a time. Lol.

But I don't and he needs to feel important here at the house so garbage is his assignment.

1 person likes this.
  3. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Stereotype propagation at it's finest!!

4. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN

They are all different. We had one that calved in 15 mintues while we took a load of wood down the road. She had the smallest bag and was showing no signs. I have noticed mucus a week or two before calving but that isn't acurate. Usually a cow starts making the tending call and pacing back and forth before she calves.

5. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I just downloaded AdBlock for google chrome and boy oh boy does this website run faster!! the ads on here are a real drag!

Now, i know that it makes a huge difference I will be looking at buying the membership. ads do pay for this dysfunctional chicken family's favorite meeting place....

6. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Oh and bagging up means her udder is filling with Cholostrum.

7. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

WRONG Guide! You need an update. Our garbage did not get put out on its proper day this week. Had I known it was skipped I would have done it MYSELF. WRONG Ralphie. JUST Plain wrong.

8. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Stereotype propagation at it's finest!!

BTW I think you should make time to feed the grapes, I know I would like that.

9. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Actually, the garbage is one of those "when did this become MY job" arguments from all sides here in my house and it starts after the garbage is so full it has the rings of jupiter made of trash surrounding it.

[​IMG]

She is acting different tonight. Usually she lets us come up and pet her and move her tail but she is acting a little more skiddish than normal.

10. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey girlfriend - I am with you. I spoil my DH also. Who is Loretta? Who is Amy?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by