Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

2. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Your DH?

3. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    '
    DUH DW... I was over worked and messed that up big time!

4. lvie

Way cool about five generations. I love family history! My now DH moved into this house in 1994 while there were still 350 beef cattle across the street on the Mitchell Farm. So he was here when the population was about 3,200. It was quiet, serene and the high way had just a little traffic. People would wave (because that it what they used to do) when driving down the highway. Or stop by to say hi. I move in with him in 1996 and we were married in 1997. Second time around for both of us. My first time was 22 years. Poor guy - he made it 22 years with ME. So it will be 19 years this year for this time. We are still very good friends. LOL. DH parents and DS and her DH were here a couple years earlier. So we are right in-between the NEW BL and the OLD BL.

5. lvie

Understandably over worked. Fraught with wounds.

6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Bleeding, licking my wounds and trying to find the proper beverage to console my poor bruised ego, I thought my birds loved me!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  7. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN

I can't believe those Legbars... U give them a great place to live and they hardly pay rent(eggs) and then they do this... They are just taking advantage of a poor man whos wife already is a bully too him... Its sad... Really sad... Lol no I have talked to Judy before and she seems nice. Or it was your mom... It was when u helped me with directions to Heidis...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  8. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    1. Rhetts, you need to get a Moocall Calving Sensor or two. Then you can be alerted within an hour of when your cows will calve.

2. Ralphie, you have me beat on the generations in residence thing. I am only a fourth generation resident of NE Minnesota. My ancestors were among the pioneers to settle Carlton County. One fact of note is that my Great Grandfather was killed and partially eaten by a bear.

3. Bogtown, is your thinking related to a younger male husband/companion due to concern that as the current model ages he may be unable to keep up some of his husbandly duties?

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I knew it!!! You are a railroad mogul!

With more money than you know what to do with!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by