Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    Nice move. I always pretend I can't lift feed bags, dig holes, you name it. But really, I'm just incredibly smart.

1 person likes this.
  2. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Just checked with the DH and a shallow boat can be dropped in at that landing. During the summer when the river goes down after the flooding and if there is normal rain, the river would be no deeper than mid-thigh right below us. Of course there are deep and shallow mixed it.

3. lvie

Very Cool! I love house plans and decorating. I used to work at Becker Furniture World helping people decorate their homes. Loved it! When I was young I would sit down with the Sears or Montgomery Ward catalogs and design and decorate. Kept me busy for hours.

4. lvie

Yes - I think you two would 'flock' together very well. Its nice to be independent as a woman so your ladies should talk to each other also. What one hasn't figured out how to do the other probably knows how to do. Oh Oh. Where will that put you two then?

5. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

This is something we try to avoid in our house. Judy cannot be trusted with a remote and does not understand its function. I think it is sex linked to the X chromosome.

6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I thought I would give fair warning to people on threads that do not really know me, that I can be a pain in the rear...

7. lvie

BT - the day is coming when you will only be remembering what it was like to be so busy you NEVER had time to yourself. Then you would like to experience one of those days raising a family again. So you cuddle with the grandkids. NOT the same at all. They go home when a grandparent is done. You day will come - (thats an old song.)

8. lvie

OR start the lawn mower! I know. I picked up the pliers and started the lawn mower. I think all us dudess' on here are self-starters though. We are a pretty strong bunch of women. Especially Judy!

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

That could be a dangerous move, why would we want to ruin two perfectly great marriage with that kind of knowledge?

10. lvie

Me too! I use the drill for various reasons and my DH really gets ****** because I do not press it hard enough and then his bits need to be replaced. Its like washing all the white clothes with something red. How do you think I got a new run built by my general contractor DH? Gotta be thinkin . . . . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by