Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Good name .

2. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Lol i forgot ur name was Jerry!! Sorry I will change it if you want. Its just the first nane that came in my head.

3. jerryse

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    I went hunting yesterday . Got 4 rabbits and then was gifted 4 geese . I had front legs of rabbit for lunch . Just got done grinding some goose and rabbit into burger . So loose burger on our salads tonight . DW is not much into wild game but I can get her to eat burger .

4. jerryse

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    I had a sebaceous cyst on the back of my neck this fall . I named it George cause it was the monkey on my back . I had it removed .

5. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    There are some gentlemen with a portable mill that will come make the boards for you. I believe...from Backus.

6. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie, the oak we had milled was beautiful stuff, but it was hard. The pine was easy to cut except for the jack pine which is quite hard. We did not cut any tamarack, but I can tell you that it is an extremely hard wood when dried.

7. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Okay...I didn't get farther along in the thread and I see that Ralphie is meeting some mill needs. LOL. Alright. What a thread!

Ivie I can see already that I'm very dependent on my kids myself. Just having them at home and hearing their stories... having them depend on me. It's nice to be needed. That's for sure.

But It's flying by now...and I know in a wink of an eye...the house will be empty. And since they are twins it's going to be a sudden deal. Two and then none. Poof--an empty nest.

8. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Can I buy normal barley from the feed mill and use that for fodder or do they take the casings off of it??

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  9. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Not me!

10. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

BT - I started empty nest syndrome while my oldest was in ninth grade. Talk about depressing! By that time he was maintaining the honor role status, working p.t., hanging out with friends more than family, it was awful! He's 43 now. LOL. He made it easier on the next two. Now I have adjusted. LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by