Surviving Minnesota!

Nice calves Holmes!

I have been a bit preoccupied this week. My dad had total knee replacement, my grandpa landed himself in the hospital and well....then my parents drainfield froze on their sewer. Couple that with regular homestead duties and I am left with little BYC time. I did manage a picture or 2 of my feb hatchlings.
B397BF65-D4F9-4147-BA11-6325E8C5EB77.jpeg

The Dom who didn’t run away. I have a nice bunch of Dom pullets and only 3 cockerels. I know which hen is throwing all the pullets, she has a lifetime pardon.
2DA9F6D8-C76F-4839-B688-EAB08CD16B30.jpeg
8E6D6170-23DC-4B8A-806C-3DC60582D607.jpeg
7AD32D2D-D459-4FD8-867F-6B69006582AE.jpeg

And a bunch of nosy buckeyes, they are so inquisitive at this age. Anything on my boot is fair game for them to peck at.

Nice calves Holmes!

I have been a bit preoccupied this week. My dad had total knee replacement, my grandpa landed himself in the hospital and well....then my parents drainfield froze on their sewer. Couple that with regular homestead duties and I am left with little BYC time. I did manage a picture or 2 of my feb hatchlings.
View attachment 1315840
The Dom who didn’t run away. I have a nice bunch of Dom pullets and only 3 cockerels. I know which hen is throwing all the pullets, she has a lifetime pardon.
View attachment 1315838 View attachment 1315839 View attachment 1315841
And a bunch of nosy buckeyes, they are so inquisitive at this age. Anything on my boot is fair game for them to peck at.
I hope things settle down for you soon!

Tfred. I incubate at (around) 35% for first 18 days then up to (around) 65% for last couple of days. (Lock down) as far as the plug is concerned I have used a poker chip to cover the opening and if the humidity needs adjusting the poker chip can be slid from side to side

I do about the same., on the foamies I used a penny to cover the holes when needed.

Nice calves Holmes!

View attachment 1315840
View attachment 1315838 View attachment 1315839 View attachment 1315841
They’re looking good! Noce heads on the Buckeyes so far....

I had my quarterly AI testing this morning. So I used the opportunity to move Toms around. After losing that barred bronze whatever Tom yesterday, I had some girls in need of a man.

The new guy seems afraid of the girls. I hope that changes soon.

I thought I would clean barn and make new pens today. However, I have decided not too. I am not feeling like bundling up to enjoy this VWN weather.

I am so ready for spring to sprung...

Back
Top Bottom