Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    We must be twins!

4. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Now get back to answering about your MC skills... and when you answer, you should know I have a 87 Goldwing in "boxes" in my shed. The choke cable broke on it.....So I had to "fix" it.

6. [​IMG]
    I few cases of Mikes and you could have this.

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    A few years..

I went to start it for a ride and the cable broke.

So I went to the local Honda dealer to see about getting a new cable put in. Now, you need to understand I am fairly handy at fixing things and I am a tad on the cheap side....

I asked how much to put the cable in. They told me around $350! I fainted. When I picked myself off the floor, I asked how much the cable was. The maintenance guy said he did not know. I knew immediately he was lying.

I went to the parts guy and asked how much the cable was. He said $27. So I thought " heck, I can fix that for $323." So I bought one.

I never in the world dreamed I had to take off the rear saddle bags to change the choke cable... The fairing is not fun to remove either. I got it back to the point it should run and it does. sort of.

It only runs when I have the choke full on. I am thinking those little rubber hoses on the manifold have cracks in them. BUT It is a basket case as I only have it back together enough to sorta run.. No seat, saddle bags etc. I think I got the fairing back on. I have not looked at it in years.

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    That is beautiful what year is that? Mine was the last year of the 1200's.

9. I am guessing it is early to mid 80s Depends on when they started using mags.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  10. There is a really nice bike under all those fairings. A lot of folks are doing this with the older goldwings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by