Surviving Minnesota!

Well if you drained everything like most people don't seem to. (Only the very smart ones do) It could be good to go.

I did drain it. I ran it dry with the choke on. I actually moved it from Florida when we came back up here and did not want gas in it when it was in the trailer. So maybe I got lucky...Tome will tell. It is not a high priority for me. But there are a few days a year I wish I had it running. I actually wish I had a new one, BUT that will not happen.

So look at this egg i cracked open tonight.... when i cracked it my first thought was 'wow that egg yolk looks like a yellow ping pong ball' then i realized it looked pretty solid so i poked it and it was! I cut it open with my spatula (the meaty bit was from the spatula) and it looks like it was hard boiled! the egg white was normal. Any ideas how this happens??

That egg yolk was frozen . I eat them .

Why make barley into fodder when we can drink it?
gig.gif

I have sold some unhatched chicks!! A guy called on my craigslist ad to buy 5 creamettes on Saturday when they hatch (if they hatch).

I hope they do and I hope my girlie thermometer gets here soon...I worry about when I move them to the hatcher the temps will not be right.

How far off can the temps be and eggs still hatch? If anything I am a tad cool, I prefer that to too warm.

Last edited:
Oh and Kloppers that is the grossest egg I have ever seen.  Did it taste good?

I fed the yolk to the dog and ate the white

Why would the carbs need cleaning?  I do not have any gas in it... Are you talking Sea foam cleaning or taking if off and going through it?

If you did drain it you are grand. I bought a bike that had gas sitting it in for 5 years and had to rebuild the carbs. The slides were so crusty!

Why make barley into fodder when we can drink it?  :gig

I have sold some unhatched chicks!!  A guy called on my craigslist ad to buy 5 creamettes on Saturday when they hatch (if they hatch).

I hope they do and I hope my girlie thermometer gets here soon...I worry about when I move them to the hatcher the temps will not be right.

How far off can the temps be and eggs still hatch?  If anything I am a tad cool, I prefer that to too warm.

Good job!!

Back
Top Bottom