Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I saw the 4 cylinders and knew it had to be pre-82.

That is a beaut. Did you do the paint job yourself?

2. I got that pic off the web. I have seen a lot like this though and I really like the look.

3. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I am going to spend the coin and actually get those intake manifold hoses. to For it to only run with full choke, to me, indicates an air leak somewhere and that is the most likely spot.

I should have just paid the 350.

4. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Here I thought it was yours and you were a MC mechanic Guru! I had visions of you putting mine together painting it and the works..

5. If it has sat for a long time it will need a tank and carb cleaning as well. But then we can start the BYC riders!

6. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Great news then a funny story.. I have 3 offers on table already this morning and scheduled showings still today.. whoo hoo... Get to getting them eggs from Porter Ralphie he will be coming to his new home soon.. and my rooster and hens.. LOL.. super happy day...

OK now for my funny story......

keep in mind i have memory foam padding under carpet...

I went and cleaned out the coop this morning and yes my beautiful strawberry laid me a very pretty egg at my feet when is was petting her.Love it when she does that... I picked up the egg and put it in my pocket and gave her a pet and told her Thank You... i came into house pulled the egg out of my pocket and went to take my coat off, i was standing at the top of the stairs the egg fell out of my hand and rolled down the top step and then BOUNCED 2 feet in the air i started yelling OHH NOO not my egg.. Bounce down another step i was trying to catch it in mid Bounce i knew there was no catching it but i still tried ,,, who would have thought a egg could bounce that high.. it bounced about 4 or 5 times in the air THEN plop down and shattered on the tile at the bottom of the stairs ,,, by then everyone was out of there rooms and asking whats going on are you OK?? and i just stood there looking at my poor egg.. But it was so cool it was worth losing the egg after i said what had happened everyone wanted to try it.. LOL...what the heck why not.. lets have some fun.. So we did.....couldn't believe it didn't break bouncing down the stairs...Now that should be a commercial for their carpet padding...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. Sounds like a new sport!

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Why would the carbs need cleaning? I do not have any gas in it... Are you talking Sea foam cleaning or taking if off and going through it?

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Coffee I am so happy for you!

Porter will be so happy. He is such a nice Tom. If he was a blue or Self blue I would keep him for breeding. I just do not need a rusty lavender tom. I want to keep my two lines separate and the odds are I will get another rusty lavender from JJ and Ethel this year.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  10. Well if you drained everything like most people don't seem to. (Only the very smart ones do) It could be good to go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by