Surviving Minnesota!

It’s official. Pearl’s broody hormones are turned off. Cracked welsummer egg left brood eggs in a second yolky mess this morning. Tonight she was free ranging with the flock. I candled this morning and a starter hadn’t progressed. So I pulled everything and pearl was relieved to be done with it I think. Cleaned the nest... ooo was it rotten smelling mass of straw. Yuck.

So today after work I carried Sunny Two from the run over to the flock who were in a stand of ash and brushy willow swamp. She had just finished a dust bath. As I put her down Junior was super sensitive moving away giving predator calls. I thought, “gee.” but then started to look around in the trees. I didn’t see anything but didn’t write that noise off. About 5 minutes later I heard and saw the crows chasing something big from our trees. I think a hawk of larger degree. I love those crows. I might get some larger cracked corn for them...treat them once in a while to keep em around.

Last edited:
I am going to send out a sign up sheet to all of you guys for a fun filled weekend of sorting cows, moving cows, checking fence, building another run, cleaning cages and culling some birds! This is a great deal! What a great experience for you all! I hope to see you guys Saturday morning:lau:gig

I think I’m gonna have to find a poultry tester to test some Guineas for me... I think they are going down the road to some Amish auction... If y’all would kindly attend the auction and bid them up that would be great!

And last but not least a little Yoki fetus...

D4A1B512-691E-45AF-9869-A2E2C6E68EED.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom