Surviving Minnesota!

At bare minimum, we get 20 minute breaks every hour.  Some rotations are only on 40 minutes .  If we happen to fall in middle of a shift change, sometimes we are only out there 20 minutes and then back on break.  Sometimes they make us take double breaks...  It just equates to ALOT of free time while on the clock.

Boy doesn't that sound rough :)

Down here in southern MN, I've had dogs neutered for anywhere from $100-150. Smaller dogs less, bigger dogs more.... If they need to get caught up on shots, they usually do them then too. The whole panel of blood work is optional and I usually only get it done on my really old dog.. A normal spay down here runs about $150. I had a great dane young female done last year and they went in and tached her stomach too and bill was right about $200.

For years I was loyal to this awesome small animal clinic about 15 miles away... Awesome vets, top of the line equipment... However their prices and waiting list reflected it. I have quite a few animals so started checking around. There is a basically large animal clinic in the next town that does all the basic work for a fraction of the price. They usually can get you in same day, if not next week for major procedures. The vets are just as awesome. They don't have a lot of the more expensive equipment there and will refer you to a larger clinic if they can't perform the work. A huge perk with them is that they offer walk in days at 3 locations in the spring. All shots, heartworm testing, and flea/tick medication is basically at cost and a very tiny exam fee. You might have to stand in line, but there is no fee for a office call.

Kindest cuts through the humane Society to spay or neuter cats or dogs is only $50 it was posted allover Facebook for awhile. I do the wellness program at Petsmart for mine it's $50 a month for pets and my spay and neutering along with teeth cleaning once a year is included. Also included is shots and office visits..

Last edited:
If you want I can get you a sexed trio or pair of Muscovy ducklings this spring. I will have chocolates, buffs and Blue fawns. Mine are also show quality. And I was right with the genders of all of mine. Vent sexing them is a piece of cake.

I feel like you're going to get me in trouble. I like both the chocolates and the blues. I really should at least get a pair so the chickens aren't lonely. And I have that marshy area next to my house that needs some nature.

Kindest cuts through the humane Society to spay or neuter cats or dogs is only $50 it was posted allover Facebook for awhile. I do the wellness program at Petsmart for mine it's $50 a month for pets and my spay and neutering along with teeth cleaning once a year is included. Also included is shots and office visits..

I believe that kindest cuts is income based. Aka how much you pay is based on how much you make. Same with MnSnap which is a traveling clinic similar to Kindest Cut

My wife just returned from the veterinarians office. $45 to look at her Shi Tzu and say yes he looks good and we can neuter him.
Then they come up with three estimates. Normal neuter $268 & change or with this $468 or with this & that $668. It seems quite extreme to me, as he already is current on all shots.
I told her to call Dr. Pol & make an appointment. It would probably be less to drive there and have it done even considering gas money.
She doesn't think I am very funny, which is a shock to me.

Way too expensive. And for a smaller dog that doesn't weigh much. I know when we had our dog neutered they asked if I wanted this blood test, that blood test, etc. It would have been like $100 more. No thanks. But the vet we go to in Ham Lake is incredibly reasonable. It's nothing fancy, but the vets and techs are all great. We paid $220 to have our dog neutered. I want to say that also included a few shots.

So, our dog always pants. Even when he was a puppy he panted non-stop. That's just what he does and there's nothing wrong with him. Let me tell ya, it's pretty annoying listening to a 125lb Rottweiler panting all of the time. Anyways, this last time I brought him in for a check-up the vet was like "check this out".....he stuck both thumbs into my dogs eyes and he stopped panting for like a minute. Cool! And my dog isn't very smart so he thinks it's a great time. I wish I had a cool trick like that.

I feel like you're going to get me in trouble. I like both the chocolates and the blues. I really should at least get a pair so the chickens aren't lonely. And I have that marshy area next to my house that needs some nature.

Lol I love the blues. They are my favorites

Back
Top Bottom