Surviving Minnesota!

Seen this on Facebook this morning thought it was cute...

I am having hard core issues tonight

503 backend issues...

I hate it when my backend is having issues

I would be worried for you, but I have no idea what in the H-E double hockey sticks you are talking about...

BTW post a lot today on here. I am babysitting and need contact with the real world. Did you know 2 days of babysitting and I am dead tired and need a recovery day..

Coffee, thanks for my morning chuckle! That is too cute.

I am sorry to hear about your poor chicken.

As everyone has said do all you can, but to not break the bank for a chicken. It seems the favorites always die for me. Maybe it is because they are weak and we spend so much time trying to keep them alive that they become the favorites.

Cyrus I am so glad to have you back online here. I was starting to feel like the lone redneck. I was even looking for a black mask, a horse named "silver" and an companion that would call me Kemosabee....

Those of you that were at "Camp Day" would be shocked to see the survivors. They are huge. I only feed them once a day so when I grab the bucket they run after me. It is so funny top see a short legged chicken with a turkey's body run. Kloppers, I have varying leg bands on all the fat gals. Otherwise I could not tell them apart. That bad part is I do not remember the names of all the gals, and I swore I would remember them when I banded them. I only remember Louise and Bertha. Berthat has 3 blue bands on one leg, and Louise has a red on one leg and a blue on the other. I have one with a single red band, I know she was the one that liked to roam, but darn if I can remeber her name.

Soeaking of roaming Bertha was over 100 yards from her pen the other day, out in the woods with Vlad. I did not think she could waddle that far.

Vlad almost died yesterday. I went into the shed to get them some "scratch" as a treat. I use a little deli container to get their treats in. Vlad followed me and I did not know it. I turned around and nearly stepped on Vlad. Luckily I just kicked her a little bit lost my balance and fell into my sawmill. Stupid bird.

Time for more coffee, I hear my grandson is awake in his room, but he is playing good in his crib, so I will let him be there a little bit longer..

Ok I now have a house chicken for the time being, I don't know what to do but I know I have to try one more time with her. She now has a home in my shower. Sorry to say but it's do or die. Last night after I gave her the anabiotic's I put her up on the roost with the other chickens and this morning I found her laying in the chicken run all by herself and her legs were ice cold and she didn't move and one of her eyes are completely sealed shut. I figure she got kicked out of the henhouse. Since the run is very secure I leave the pop door open all the time. I checked her over thoroughly I even got out a magnifying glass pulled back the feathers on her back, under her wings, her vent area and on the top of her head and I seen no mites lice or anything her skin looks very clean. I will continue to give her the antibiotics twice daily and hope that helps whatever she has going on. Then if she does get better the problem will be acclimating her back to the cold weather because she will be used to the warm bathroom.

Last edited:
Joining you all over here...

I didn't catch up. This is chatty bunch, which is a good thing, until I don't keep up for days. ;)

So far so good with my chicks out in the barn. The only negative is that my premier 1 heating plate burns the chick's a little. It just happens to the ones that don't have feathers on their back. A few of them have little burns on the wings where they press against the plate, and a little spot on their back. I keep hoping their feathers hurry up so it protects them from that.

Good Morning all Finished my 'homework' on a class that I am taking. Spose to do a little each day - I just did five days of it. Class is tonight.
Phew! Glad its done. Its almost 9:30 and I am going to get dressed. LOL, I was out to the coop to turn on the lights in my pj's this morning. Kind of
reminded me of you, fellow group members. Never thought there would be a day I would do that.

Dress, walk the dogs, eye appointment for the cataract and then dinner. That will wipe out almost the entire day. Read ya tonight (I bet there will be
ten pages of script)

Back
Top Bottom