Surviving Minnesota!

Got back from the Seattle area we left on August 1, it was a nice time visiting family that we never see. We took the train out there and back which I am not a big fan of. It's nice to be home but now I'm behind on a lot of things. My dad got haying done while we were gone so that was nice.
I'm going to have to deep clean the cochin coop sometime this week, and then get everyone ready for fall shows. Just saw the big ad for MSPA in the poultry press

Good Morning All,
We are back from a weekend of relaxation....aka run errands for parents not kids. We did attempt to go camping at Lake Osakis with my family. On our way up to the lake we saw a few enclosed trailers for sale. So we now embark on the task of converting it to a chicken hauler. Any ideas on additional ventilation are welcome! It is a 6 foot by 14 foot trailer.

My birds are enjoying the company of a few less broilers. Last, week we processed 40 broilers. My feed bill dropped drastically.

We are ramping up for a state fair trip. We have 5 youth from Benton County participating in the MN state fair. We used our entire state fair quota for Poultry! Four of the five individuals are going to participate in a team of poultry judging. If anyone has resources for egg grading, carcus grading or poultry judging, please feel free to send them my way. I will have 2 individuals also displaying posters/ Breeding programs. This should be enough excitement for a first year chaperone!

I will have to say my most memorable part of the county fair was when the youngster that my kids mentored all spring and summer pulled her bantam black orpington out of the cage all by herself and told the judge about the missing comb point as it was in a fight with it's brother. She DID IT! She overcame her fear of his prickly toenails! SHE DID IT! She earned a blue ribbon in showmanship and a blue ribbon in bantam breeding trio class!

Back from checking on the progress of the Togo Municipal Sewer treatment center...

I told the Sasquatch family I would have to raise their rent by $158,234.76 a month to help cover installation costs on the system. They were not happy, but think Walz will be upping their welfare enough to cover the increase.

Also they asked for $15 an hour for the few chores they do around the cabin. They said they deserve the new minimum wage too.

Ralphie, what is the status of all the parts of the braking cats? Are you sure you have found all the pieces now ? Do you intend to return these broken and defective pieces to the cat salesman for a full refund ?

I am having some trouble getting the used cat salesman to stand behind his product.

I doubt I will get a full refund but I intend to return the broken parts to the point of origin while I wade through the court system and it’s paper work.

While I was in heavy negotiations with the Sasquatches, and touring the Togo municipal sewer and water plant, a wild critter decided to have his way with my birds. I am not sure what I lost.

I know I lost at least one Royal Palm, 2 Dominique’s and a few minutes mutts.

I spend today with the brush hog knocking back the growth and installing the electric netting. Game camera, drone and guard towers are next.

If this keeps up deciding which birds to keep will be considerably easier.

Good thing I am planning to cut way back this fall.

Back
Top Bottom