Surviving Minnesota!

I'm beginning to see a pattern here with the DH's, I'll go into my husband shop area, which is the 3rd stall of the garage, and i see all kinds of "stuff that's been here awhile" even though it looks un familiar to me... But then much of that mans stuff looks the same so i have a hard time knowing if it is the same or not. I'll say, ."don't you already have some of these?" He'll say, "no they are different" hmmmm
hu.gif

had to get on the laptop to correct hundreds of typos from my phone! arghhh

To the untrained eye much of men's stuff looks the same as another piece of men's stuff. BUT believe me they all have different and important jobs to perform. I have never heard of a husband, just buying something that is not truly needed.

I am up to 14 chicks, But they are starting to leave us now...

Momma cow is acting the same today as she was last night. Kind of up and down but not minutes at time more like half an hour stints. She stands flicking her tail and licking alot and holds her tail up or out. Not too much else. She still eats and drinks and chews her cud in between her fidgety moments. The other hereford looks to be catching up. Her udder has begun to enlarge and her backside is getting very swollen. Who knows maybe she will just quick pop hers out to encourage this other one to do the same.
idunno.gif
So it seems like we are waiting forever with this babe but really I am gaining invaluable information. This is a learning time for us and we really are taking it all in. I know so much more now than I did 3 weeks ago! I know baby will come when it comes and all I can do is be in awe of the process.
love.gif

Ralphie I hope things are going ok at your place..............your last post didn't sound so good.

My hens must be happier with the temps as they finally are laying better. Makes me happy to see eggs in the boxes again. :)

Rhetts sounds like she is getting really close. Dont be surprised if u see she dropped her water bag still tonight.

Momma cow is acting the same today as she was last night. Kind of up and down but not minutes at time more like half an hour stints. She stands flicking her tail and licking alot and holds her tail up or out. Not too much else. She still eats and drinks and chews her cud in between her fidgety moments. The other hereford looks to be catching up. Her udder has begun to enlarge and her backside is getting very swollen. Who knows maybe she will just quick pop hers out to encourage this other one to do the same.
idunno.gif
So it seems like we are waiting forever with this babe but really I am gaining invaluable information. This is a learning time for us and we really are taking it all in. I know so much more now than I did 3 weeks ago! I know baby will come when it comes and all I can do is be in awe of the process.
love.gif

Ralphie I hope things are going ok at your place..............your last post didn't sound so good.

My hens must be happier with the temps as they finally are laying better. Makes me happy to see eggs in the boxes again. :)

Hopefully, it will come soon, Poor Mamma cow must be just miserable.

Everything is fine here. The hen turkeys are doing good. The Toms seem to be doing ok. The toms have quieted down. Which is great.

I am down to 4 chicks left, 3 boys and a pat, looks like a female but has the dot on the head.

I have one egg that is 3/4 zipped. I still have more orders for chicks, but they all want girls.

I hope the few remaining eggs hatch, all in all I am happy with the hatch for the first one of the year.

Hopefully, it will come soon, Poor Mamma cow must be just miserable.

Everything is fine here. The hen turkeys are doing good. The Toms seem to be doing ok. The toms have quieted down. Which is great.

I am down to 4 chicks left, 3 boys and a pat, looks like a female but has the dot on the head.

I have one egg that is 3/4 zipped. I still have more orders for chicks, but they all want girls.

I hope the few remaining eggs hatch, all in all I am happy with the hatch for the first one of the year.

Oh you mean folks coming to get the chicks?? I thought you meant they were dying. I am glad you have so many people interested in your hatchlings. Should keep you busy? :)

. Ralphie done did it.. He turned me into a chicken junkie.. Took the grandkids to see chickens we now have Roostie and James. They are in the shower snuggly and hopefully happy..

. Ralphie done did it.. He turned me into a chicken junkie.. Took the grandkids to see chickens we now have Roostie and James. They are in the shower snuggly and hopefully happy..

LOL LOOK at the dog, She/he has no idea what to think. I bet he is going to wonder what happened when he becomes a farm dog!

Congrats Coffee! They couldn't be cuter! And they are gorgeous when mature. However....just wait till you get your turkeys! I just spent an hour sitting in a lawn chair with one of my hens asleep in my lap. Nothing like a lapper!!

Back
Top Bottom