Surviving Minnesota!

Tornadoes & 80mph wind gusts down here.
Gosh keep your head down Memphis. Be safe.

So just baked my own birthday cake . Wife will frost it . German chocolate . Love that frosting . I think I have a hen wanting to set . Hmm might let her since I have eggs in the incubator . A real hen to raise them is a plus .
mmmm a family favorite especially my Dads. I made two German chocolate cakes one time with the double decker layers for an Oktoberfest to donate. It cost me a small fortune in butter. Delicious though...

Ralphie I put raw honey in it. Brandy can be added later lol.

did you make it in the instant pot?

I did, Erli! I reviewed quite a few recipes and I think I got something down right away. That includes citrus and ginger. Strained it through some cloth. It’s tasty. DH is on the 4 tbsp day regimine x 5 days for a current virus. We’ll see. How it goes.
I read that people are ordering up bottles of the stuff and it’s not cheap. Vendors are sold out...
I was surprised at how easy it is to get the berries though and that instant pot just gets it done fast and thoroughly.
I made chicken drummies tonight in it. And I now have yogurt underway. I’ve used it 3 times in less than 24 hours. Crazy.

Chickens. We were suppose to have -14 overnight. Pretty sure we hit -21. That is nasty. I let my birds out at 10:00 or so into the run. Poor things. They drank and ate scratch. Got up on the roosts and straw bales. Right after. Depooped the coop and ruffled up new straw on the coop floor. Spent an hour out there with them. They are so neat.

Back
Top Bottom