Surviving Minnesota!

Morning . How was the fishing Ralphie ? Another hot day in store here . Thunderstorms predicted afternoon / evening . So reports from the cabin . More drywall up . Trench for waterline dug . One toilet Connected to drain . Running water this weekend . Should look good when I go back . Should have one functioning bathroom by end of month .

Fishing was a bust.

I went with a friend in his boat. He had just got it back from the shop where he had a new trolling motor and fish finder installed. We left the landing and where slowly heading towards the lake. The landing is on a river and the lake is about 2 miles downstream. He had turned on his fish finder and was trying to figure out how to use it.

The instruction manual told him to touch the home button, of course no button was labeled “home”. He pushed a couple buttons. The fish finder shut off, the motor stopped running, everything was dead. We could not get juice anywhere.

So we used baby paddles and paddled upstream to the landing loaded the boat and headed home.

Fishing was a bust.

I went with a friend in his boat. He had just got it back from the shop where he had a new trolling motor and fish finder installed. We left the landing and where slowly heading towards the lake. The landing is on a river and the lake is about 2 miles downstream. He had turned on his fish finder and was trying to figure out how to use it.

The instruction manual told him to touch the home button, of course no button was labeled “home”. He pushed a couple buttons. The fish finder shut off, the motor stopped running, everything was dead. We could not get juice anywhere.

So we used baby paddles and paddled upstream to the landing loaded the boat and headed home.
Blew a fuse/reset I bet

Blew a fuse/reset I bet
Nope. I check them all, or all I could find. Of course, I didn’t have a multimeter with me.

The shop put a charging unit and splitter in it some where, that charges all the batteries. I think there is an open somewhere hidden.

The boat has 4 batteries, 2 for the trolling motor, one for the anchor and one for the outboard. The circuit to the trolling motor would flip the breaker as soon as I reset it. The anchor worked. The motor did nothing. Not even a click of the solenoid. It could very well be two separate problems that just happened to occur at the same time.

Well I wasn’t expecting any chicks to hatch today but I went out to do chores and I could hear chirping so I went to check the incubator and low and behold there were a bunch of pips and one trying to come out! The first of the Dominiques to hatch is male. Maybe I’ll send it to Ralphies he seems to like the males! WW may not talk to me again but it may need a safe haven!

Morning . We got 1 1/4 rain they say . Ralphie Judy is your good luck when fishing . Nothing bad happened with her along . So here is a tip on small engine carburetor troubles . My self propelled had a carb issue . Briggs has a new plastic carb . I tried cleaning it no luck . So I went on eBay and bought one for $14 something with free shipping . Problem solved . Cheaper than a repair bill . Did this on one of my chainsaws also . The other saw went to the shop last fall . $100 bill to put a kit in the carb . Lesson learned .

There are now 5 chicks out. The 3 mixed breed eggs all hatched. 2 white and one solid black. 2 Doms are out. Both appear male. The trend continues. Sure hope a few females appear.

Attachments

• 6CE9091D-D6B0-476A-AD32-B749577DE35B.jpeg
    6CE9091D-D6B0-476A-AD32-B749577DE35B.jpeg
    484.7 KB · Views: 0
Morning . We got 1 1/4 rain they say . Ralphie Judy is your good luck when fishing . Nothing bad happened with her along . So here is a tip on small engine carburetor troubles . My self propelled had a carb issue . Briggs has a new plastic carb . I tried cleaning it no luck . So I went on eBay and bought one for $14 something with free shipping . Problem solved . Cheaper than a repair bill . Did this on one of my chainsaws also . The other saw went to the shop last fall . $100 bill to put a kit in the carb . Lesson learned .

I did the same thing on my old tiller. I tried cleaning it, everything is “stamped” or plastic. I spent a couple days on it. I couldn’t get it.

I went online and got a new carb for less than $30. Took minutes to change, problem solved.

There are now 5 chicks out. The 3 mixed breed eggs all hatched. 2 white and one solid black. 2 Doms are out. Both appear male. The trend continues. Sure hope a few females appear.

Admit it you just want a rooster flock like I have.....

:gig

I topped the rest of my onions yesterday and harvested the ones that had fallen over. When I was cleaning the tops and getting them ready for dehydrating one rooster was right next to me (on the deck). I would drop the junk pieces on the deck for him, but that wasn’t good enough.
He kept grabbing onions from my basket and running with them. Luckily he couldn’t hold them real well and dropped them in a couple feet.

Silly bird, I know he wouldn’t like one if he tried it.

Back
Top Bottom