Surviving Minnesota!

I had about 8 inches of wet heavy snow, and it is way too early. The wife has two jobs which are not finished and will not be til next spring if things don't warm up and melt.
Have plowed and cleared an area for my free ranging flock. My chicks are growing like weeds, but I don't trust my guinea to be near them. He has turned into quite a bully and may find his way South for the winter.

Ralphie here are a couple of tips for your deer hunt . A local here is known to not let the truth get in the way of a good story . He says he shoots them in the head and they drop in their tracks . The other one is walk to your stand and apply doe in heat to your boots and walk home . Be ready to shoot . If you make it back home without seeing a buck just sit on the porch and wait . They will come find you . Better yet get coffee and wait inside by a window .:D Edit to add this is for entertainment only . Do not put doe in heat on you . People have been attacked by deer .

Last edited:
Here is my new friend. (I have to buy my friends, you know... no one wants to drive all the way out here. 🤣) Her name is Liberty. I stole the idea from another BYC member. (Don't tell her.) I do not know whether she actually ended up using it, but if she did, I guess it's a second-hand name. Don't tell my baby; she would be crushed.

37389997-9C5B-4CA0-8861-E98B030BE020.jpeg

If you marry him maybe.

I was going to keep my old vehicle until it died just to see how long it would last but he didn't want to work on it anymore.

I think I will reject his very generous offer of marriage. The WW refuses to let me marry anyone else, even for a new car.

Back
Top Bottom