Surviving Minnesota!

Heater is on, but it’s a pretty nice morning. Crisp cool air very still. Light hoar frost on all the brush and tree branches is making it hard to see the ground. But it should make the deer’s movement easy to see....if any decide to bless me today with their presence.

and I just saw my first buck Bunny of the day, about 125 yards away... I didn’t get a shot.

I am thinking after deer season I might have to sit out here with the 17 and shoot bunnies. At least I can see them.

Good morning fellow Minnesotans! 8 degrees when I headed out to check the chicas this morning....what fun! Being new to the snow, they REALLY don't like walking on it. I am considering wrapping the sides with clear plastic 6mils thick. Would like to block the wind and snow a bit. The run walls are about 8' tall and the plastic is 5' wide. Hubby & I are having a "discussion" regarding how to wrap this. I say cover a little below the top (under the overhang of the roof) to as far down as it will go, hubby says from the ground up as far as it will go. Any feedback, recommendations?

Good morning fellow Minnesotans! 8 degrees when I headed out to check the chicas this morning....what fun! Being new to the snow, they REALLY don't like walking on it. I am considering wrapping the sides with clear plastic 6mils thick. Would like to block the wind and snow a bit. The run walls are about 8' tall and the plastic is 5' wide. Hubby & I are having a "discussion" regarding how to wrap this. I say cover a little below the top (under the overhang of the roof) to as far down as it will go, hubby says from the ground up as far as it will go. Any feedback, recommendations?

I will have to side with hubby. Bottom up. This will provide a draft free area on the bottom. Wind chills and kills.

Both
Do two wraps

Back
Top Bottom