Surviving Minnesota!

About 6 inches of lake effect snow here on Friday and Friday night. Chickens are shoveled out and free ranging. Winters are hard on chickens and chicken keepers. It is more psychological difficulty than physical difficulty. We did miss the 23 inches which went South to Des Moines. I don't believe we got that much for the whole winter the year I lived in central Iowa.

Nice day. I went snowshoeing and survived. My knee is feeling a little worse for it.

I saw very few deer tracks however I saw lots of coyote, wolf and Bobcat or lynx tracks.

A canine track. The disc on the pole is 3.5 inches in diameter.
DCE6A5EF-EF5F-45BC-BD3F-593F7026142D.jpeg

Last edited:
Sunny and 45 here . Big freeze coming tonight . I got outside for awhile . Slipped away while DW was sleeping late . I drove myself to the store . Out of prescription pain meds . They will not prescribe more after 4 weeks . So left to abuse OTC meds .

Hey all... Been a long time since I popped in. Just curious if you all have any recommendations in central/Western MN for Orpington breeders? I'd rather not go hatchery this time around, and would love to stay local. 😊

Back
Top Bottom