Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    [​IMG]

shawluvsbirds likes this.
  2. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Knock - knock - may I come in? Jack Daniels Winter is really, really good. I prefer Brandy but am addicted to this JD.

3. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I am a wimp. I am not a whiskey drinker.

I like my schnapps, beer and Mikes, and I do not drink all that much of it.. Dang lightweight here.

4. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    w man! That looks gross! I probably will need to break ice as soon as I get home from work tonight as it is not looking to warm up any more here.
    Is that a moose?????

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    LOL that is a moose trying to get a carrot off the deck..BUT that is at my Brothers house not mine.

6. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I recently have been enjoying apple whiskey by a brand called 'bird dog' and I, as an untrained coneseur, think it's very good.

7. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    This is the time of year that Minnesotans that are not true northlanders forget that you can't drive in snow like the rest of the year. It always seems to take a couple good snowstorms and a ditch to remind them

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

By all means yes..

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Many many many years ago when I worked the freeways in the cities, I use to dread the first snow. It was a long day of minor accidents and cars in the ditch. Thousands of pages of reports.

10. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't stand the taste of Jack and my DS and DDIL bought a bottler of the winter jack for my DH on his birthday. He does not like it - hence - I should try that! It is VERY good in a hot toddy. Lottsa spicy taste. IF it is going to be cold (we live in Minnesota dah) then bring on the snow. Sorry, I don't have to drive in it anymore if I don't want to. And when I do drive in it I am doubly grateful that I do not have to drive in it.

Washer is on the blink so I am loading up the wash and going to Monticello. Its an ASKO and I think they are from Denmark. You know . . . . one of those energy efficient, water-saving machines. Great little machine but keeps telling me F3. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by