Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I know where you can buy your very own coin operated washer!!!

I have a whole shed full of them.

I just opened the chicken coop door. They ran to the door, to come to a screeching halt.

When I left they were contemplating the snow and if is was safe to step on it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    shawluvsbirds likes this.
  2. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Offer is still good Ralphie. Whenever it works out for you is fine.
    It sound as if you were to get rid of those coin op washing machines you would have another building for a coop remodel?
    It would have been a real story if that Moose had been at your place. I have not seen one in my yard in many years now.

3. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    In my covered run, half the ground is sand, half WAS grass. With all the rain and traffic it is now turning to mud. Obviously my run is not totally water tight, so would it be a mess mistake if I laid down a bed of hay over the dirt portion? I have several old hay bales in the crib I was thinking of dumping in there.

4. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Holm I forgot to say nice photos, and if you have any extra cats that sleep with the chickens as opposed to eating them I would be interested.

5. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Hahaha. Agree on the requirements for a cheetie...ejb. LOL

Klop I think I'll search out the muddy run thread and post it on here.

Loving the moose picture Ralphie. God they are cute. Love a moose face.

The snow is coming down now and it's turning white out there.

Welcome Ivie!

Thanks Cluckies and Ralphie on Coop compliments. I see it up close so I know it is far from perfect. I'm telling you contractor/construction folks that do such good jobs...you would laugh at BC's coop up close. You can put paint on crap. It will still be crap. [​IMG]

6. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
  7. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

I will look into this. Thanks. I do like Reds Apple beer too.

8. lvie

So now I am back from washing 8 loads and then dragging them in the house and up the stairs to the laundry - which is on the second floor. I AM WOMAN and strong and able! Ha! Anyway, went to Aldi's and got some things for my birds. Let them have corn on the cob. They luv me. LOL. Tomorrow I will find that ball that hangs on a chain and put a cabbage in it for them to play with. IT IS COLD OUTSIDE! In the warm house with a hot coffee checking on where the messages are on this thread.

9. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    "I am woman hear me roar." LOL.

Ivie, I have my washer on the main floor. Thank goodness. But the laundry is endless. I do about 2-3 loads a night during the week so I am not swamped during the weekend. Trying to do that and finish it off tonight. It's just Endless..... As you can see by my Avatar. LOL.

10. lvie

Ahhhh those were the days of Helen Reddy. I was once young. . . . . but then I was pretty stupid too. Guess I like where I am now.

You must still be raisin young uns to have all that laundry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by