Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Yes. Two teenagers. But I'm a procrastinator too. Lol.

2. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Laundry and dishes. Repeat. Laundry and dishes. Repeat. I remember now how it felt. It is still kind of that way.
    Being a domestic engineer is a thankless job. I love it though.

3. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Yeah I don't mind either. But it's so much more fun when you have a helper jumping up to help. Lol. Sometimes I say something and they do help and I'm pretty lucky they feel proud helping mom. But I need to ask all the time. Rarely is there a volunteer.

4. lvie

Yet you are not procrastinating if you are doing two to three loads of laundry a night. I have a teenage grandson. Yikes! and about to have a second teenage grandson the end of December. Am I that old?
    I have had three sons, two step-sons, five grandson's and grand daughter. I like boys evidently. They have all turned out okay or are growing into fine young adults. Pretty luck I guess.

5. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I would help my wife more with laundry, dishes and other household chores, but I find she likes to feel needed and if I did those things she would no longer feel needed. I could never do that to my wife..

For that reason I do nothing, no matter how badly I want too.

shawluvsbirds likes this.
  6. lvie

Mine got an alarm clock at age twelve and had to accept the responsibility of getting out of bed and to school (that was their job - I had one and they would have theirs) and at the same age I introduced them to the washer and dryer. Oh man! I remember how the dirty clothes would get piled on the floor! It was HUGE. Thank you. I still feel so blessed thinking back about that time in mine and their lives. We have many happy memories to laugh about together.

7. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Well the laundry built up last weekend working on the coop. Hunters wear seperate clothes layers than hanging around the house clothes. So my men folk have been racking up the laundry loads.

Ivie I always say age is a state of mind.

8. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    I need to talk to them about getting themselves out of bed. The daughter requires me to holler twice.

9. lvie

OHHHHHHHH - theres our Ralphie. OHHHHHHH it is so good to hear you! SA. Don't stop and go take another nap (have you seen that new commercial where the family is sitting at the dinner table and some guy with a wig on says something and a woman says 'time for a nap.' Then she gets up to wheel him out and he says 'really? it feels like I just got up." LOL. Hope you are feeling better - it sounds like you are.

10. lvie

Oh yes! Of course. I'd forgotten about that too. Although my DH is beginning to hunt now.

I think the hollering is what induced the alarm clock. Then I went out of the house to work. I work - you work. You like playing hockey don't you? Therefore, I work. I could not WAIT til they started driving. Those 4:00 a.m. hockey practices were much easier on my body once they could drive.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by