Surviving Minnesota!

Wow!

Mine says 13 ABOVE right now.. I bet Togo is still 40 below then, being as close to the center of the universe as it is.

LOL!! Togo! Good thing Sasquatch has a full covering of hair to get through these awful winters!!
lol.png
I wonder what @psladky has for temps this morning?

Car said -20 taking the kids to the bus. Hoping they are right though and we get up to 30s today. My chickens need some outside time.

Thanks! I kinda thought it would be really cold yet up there! My forceasted highs are low 20s for today. If the wind is gone that will feel heavenly. Curious, since you are the icebox of the world, what is the schools policy for canceling? -50s? I am assuming -20s and -30s is norm for you or no?

Sure laugh at Togo.. I am so in need of a Togo fix. Next year I will have a snow plow on my truck so I can get my winter Togo fixes!

Your cabin sounds like a great place to be in the middle of winter! If you still need your Northern Minnesota fix you could try the Range. I know someone who has some cute calves you could check out.

Thanks! I kinda thought it would be really cold yet up there! My forceasted highs are low 20s for today. If the wind is gone that will feel heavenly. Curious, since you are the icebox of the world, what is the schools policy for canceling? -50s? I am assuming -20s and -30s is norm for you or no?

I love the range. I am a northern Minnesota person stuck in central MN for now, and maybe forever. My DW likes it here. I would prefer to live at the cabin year round.

It was - 5 to start the day and on the way to mid 20s for a high. As they say, it is colder by the lake. I would not live here if I could pry my wife out of this ice box, but I can't see abandoning almost 44 years of wife training. The only real advantage I experience is this environment keeps many types of varmints in check and shoveling snow is good exercise.

But soon the temps will be in the 30s & 40s, and my chickens will be allowed to free range under the watch of an armed guard. Egg production will be up dramatically and most will be right with the world. I hope the ice stays on the lakes til July, and that will delay the time that my wife is trying to talk me into going fishing.

Hope all you in the MN. Banana Belt have a good and productive day out in those balmy temps.

Thanks!  I kinda thought it would be really cold yet up there!  My forceasted highs are low 20s for today.  If the wind is gone that will feel heavenly.  Curious, since you are the icebox of the world, what is the schools policy for canceling?  -50s?  I am assuming -20s and -30s is norm for you or no?

This is the school policy: "Administratively the “close school” decision would be triggered by a ‐40 F ambient temperature if there were little chance of moderation during the day. ". This is only our second winter up here, it was surprising with how cold it needs to be for school to be canceled. Our firsr thing we did after winter number one was put in a wood stove, our heating bill was ridiculous last year.

Back
Top Bottom