Surviving Minnesota!

Minnesotanice I did get some Mr. T babies! I have another broody sitting on 3 of his eggs and then Ethel Jr. is sitting on 11 and one Guinea egg. Don't ask how she got the Guinea egg because I have no clue. She was overly nippy last night so I said screw it and let the beast have the dang thing.

Risk losing your hand and pull the guinea egg out. Otherwise it will hatch and a day later she will leave the turkey eggs to die.

Throw it in an incubator or make balut out of it.. The guineas only bring those prices in the spring, fall sale they will be 10 bucks.

Oooh and I have some exciting stuff going on here. Hopefully starting this weekend I will have the beginnings of a new coop AND the feed room is going to have 2 rows of cages with 3 in each row. The cages will be big enough to hold a trio of huge birds like the Orps or 4-5 regular sized standard birds. We will see what project we do first but I am hoping it's the cages and then the coop. And these plans were all made by my grandpa. So he must not dislike the birds if he thinks I should get more serious about it:D:wee

What kind of person would fill a building with chicken cages???? :lau

Risk losing your hand and pull the guinea egg out. Otherwise it will hatch and a day later she will leave the turkey eggs to die.

Throw it in an incubator or make balut out of it.. The guineas only bring those prices in the spring, fall sale they will be 10 bucks.

The Guinea egg would have been laid yesterday so the Turkey eggs are two days ahead of the guinea egg. I can remember how long it takes Guinea eggs to hatch? 25 days? Next time she leaves the nest I will take the egg.

Looks like I will just be hatching Guineas this summer and keeping them until next spring. I could use more Guineas. Now that they are outside I really like them! They really do a good job at foraging!

Around these parts those are known as JJ and Ethel's grandkids...

Yep!

What kind of person would fill a building with chicken cages???? :lau

A crazy one :lau

Holm, remind me....what hens do you have for Mr. T? What breed is he?

TBH I have no clue what he is. Either a really dark Calico, really light Sweetgrass or a really light Fall Fire... Until I know for sure I just call him one of the three... Some days he is calico other days he is fall fire...

Back
Top Bottom