Surviving Minnesota!

Good Morning Chickeners . . . . Maybe I should drop that greeting now that we are starting over. I have just grown accustomed to it.

Welcome to Surviving Minnesota bobbi-j. We always like new member to join us if they dare. Actually, we are each a very nice chickener and as a group we are a hoot!

It is grey here Siggie. Yesterday was quite nice. I traveled up to St. Cloud for a retinal recheck this a.m. and since I am dilated (and yes, drove myself home again) and I am quite pleased with the non-sunny sky. It is a little cool, but comfortable.

Congrats on the little cuddlers BC. Did you leave any with Jerry? Gotta get those plants to him yet.

MomofMany - whew! you are one busy lady. But then, I guess you can do ALL of that when you have a housekeeper and a cook! :lau

ILL - keep up the good work - sorry for the generalization but you know I know nothing about track. I am learning through you and MomofMany.

Hello Cluckies and EJB and Holms and - and - and
Hmmm....no housekeeper or cook! Which comes to the case in point that my house is in chaos and is needing summer vacation badly!

I have got all the Cochins in conditioning pens and getting ready for the first show, last week of June a Thursday. They are all maturing really nice especially the black cockerel!!

20170503_184901.jpg

20170507_183448.jpg

And here is my favorite Cochin chick, a blue frizzle
20170514_094501.jpg

My younger sister is showing the Bantam Black Frizzle Cock and the Blue Hen I showed last year for the County Fair.

I have got all the Cochins in conditioning pens and getting ready for the first show, last week of June a Thursday. They are all maturing really nice especially the black cockerel!!

View attachment 550444

View attachment 550445

And here is my favorite Cochin chick, a blue frizzle
View attachment 550446

My younger sister is showing the Bantam Black Frizzle Cock and the Blue Hen I showed last year for the County Fair.

Do I see white on his "eyebrows"?

I like the little frizzle. You breed a lot lighter blues than I did.

Well those Silkies were not photogenic in the wind today... they look so much nice is person... Will have to wait for a nice sunny day to try get better pics...
IMG_3977.JPG
IMG_3992.JPG
IMG_3993.JPG

BTW they are still covered in pin feathers. Especially in their crest and tails. So they have a lot of filling in to do.

Do I see white on his "eyebrows"?

I like the little frizzle. You breed a lot lighter blues than I did.
Nope no white, if anything it's egg yolk or white. Both days i took these pictures he'd had an egg a few minutes before.
The blue is pretty light, I'm most likely selling all of them. This was more of a test hatch then anything. If anything I'm Hoping its a female and i can breed it to the black cockerel.

Nope no white, if anything it's egg yolk or white. Both days i took these pictures he'd had an egg a few minutes before.
The blue is pretty light, I'm most likely selling all of them. This was more of a test hatch then anything. If anything I'm Hoping its a female and i can breed it to the black cockerel.
Ooh I see. Never even thought of that :)

Back
Top Bottom