Surviving Minnesota!

OK a little bit of a cow photo bomb... Spent the evening calling turkeys and taking pics... I can delete pics..

1st calf heifer. She has turned out decent. #12
DSC_1170.JPG

Annadale and her big stocky bull calf.
DSC_1172.JPG

A butcher steer... We kept back three runts that were 4-500lbs and now they are 7-800lbs... Should be around 11-1200 this fall in the slaughterhouse,,
DSC_1183.JPG
DSC_1184.JPG

A nice heifer that will be bred this spring. #5
DSC_1186.JPG

A younger bull calf..
DSC_1228.JPG

Another heifer that will be bred... She is a daughter of Annadale and aunt to #5 above.. #13
DSC_1230.JPG

A big bull calf. He might not look like it but he weighs at least 200lbs already
DSC_1232.JPG

A CCpair. Should be a nice heifer calf.. Lots of depth and gut to her already..
DSC_1235.JPG

A first calfheifer... She has a great bag on her and is a daughter to Annadale, half sister to #13 and aunt to #5
DSC_1248.JPG

Very nice bull calf..
DSC_1255.JPG

Big bull calf. He is a very promising calf and half sibling to heifer #12
DSC_1261.JPG

There is no doubting this guy has some MASS. He is going to be very impressive.
DSC_1265.JPG

This is a very nice heifer that will be bred this spring. #25..
DSC_1281.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_1274.JPG
    DSC_1274.JPG
    665.8 KB · Views: 3
And some chicken pictures...

This poor guys tail has been beat up..
DSC_1190.JPG

Orp male #1... He is in need of a home if anyone wants a good flock rooster... He is a great rooster and very well mannered..
DSC_1191.JPG

I kinda like this bird.. Orp #2
DSC_1193.JPG

Dom cock..
DSC_1198.JPG

Mr. T..
DSC_1210.JPG

Ethel Jr..
DSC_1212.JPG

BCs little friend... AKA the only good cat on the farm.. Out of all three female cats she is the only one that isnt pregnant..
DSC_1293.JPG

Thank you! I’ll keep on searching. The turkey and gamebord I have been finding has only been like 22%, only 2% higher than the chick starter I have been using for chicks.

22% is a little low but should work. I use a cattle concentrate of 32-34% to increase the protein on some of my mixes. You might be able to find that. OR you could start finding bugs for them to eat. They love bugs.

I have another hatch (finally) so far it appears I have 4 white legbars, 1 cream, 2 doms, and 3 PC. The toad eggs are just sitting there like a teenager in front of video game, no movement at all.

Back
Top Bottom