Surviving Minnesota!

Ralphie, I think you secretly have a soft spot for your dumb roosters.

On another note, I may be up to three coops, 6 adult laying hens, 14 one month old chicks, 9 one week old chicks, and two week old turkeys by the end of the weekend...

I started a month ago with one existing coop on the property and never having owned poultry. :lau:barnie:th

Don’t tell someone that their Guineas are stupid.... Had someone ranting about her Guineas getting ran over and when I suggested locking them up because they are dumb and just stand in front of vehicles she got crabby... All I said was they don’t belong on the road and if you don’t want them to get hit you’ll have to lock them up...

Ralphie, I think you secretly have a soft spot for your dumb roosters.

On another note, I may be up to three coops, 6 adult laying hens, 14 one month old chicks, 9 one week old chicks, and two week old turkeys by the end of the weekend...

I started a month ago with one existing coop on the property and never having owned poultry. :lau:barnie:th

There is no secret about it. I love having the roosters, They are so entertaining besides the fact without them my chicks would just be eggs......

This morning after I let them out and had a minor discussion with the toad rooster about where I wanted him to spend the day....I listened to all the crowing, I love it. It is such a peaceful sound as they each try to out crow each other.

Rooster might fight but they do not injury each other the way my turkey Toms do.

Don’t tell someone that their Guineas are stupid.... Had someone ranting about her Guineas getting ran over and when I suggested locking them up because they are dumb and just stand in front of vehicles she got crabby... All I said was they don’t belong on the road and if you don’t want them to get hit you’ll have to lock them up...

I find the same thing on here, Holm, when I tell them Guineas are not like chickens and will fight and feud between themselves and sometimes kill each other......I get the "oh, no, not my guineas. I hand raised them they are sweet luvable pets"...

Guineas, sweet and luvable should never be in the same paragraph let alone sentence.

I'm starting to think about ordering from Hoover to add some color to my flock and to get some orps back. I know I keep talking about it but it's so back and forth right now. Got a 3rd and 4th grade combo class in the pvt school my son goes to incubating eggs. They are learning about development and proper care also will be taking guesses on the eggs that didnt hatch. Then breaking them open to guesstimate the progress when they stopped developing. Idiot boss doesnt think this is news worthy. But kids doing paintings at the public school is... hmm high school level science and biology in 3-4 grade is so blah I guess. In other news I offered to be a home for wayward ducks. Aka mom wont let me keep a duck type thing with the eggs they are hatching (every thing from chickens to ducks all mutts I'm thinking). Hmm and yeah ralphie you have me considering ss.. dang you.

Back
Top Bottom