Surviving Minnesota!

Holm...Great pictures as always..... I had a Monarch in my barn yesterday!

BC what a way to fish, beer and berries in hand, feet in water sitting in lawn chair.....

I really dislike people with nice coops.....for the record...(Yes, this includes you Mnchickmom....My chickens live in 1930's style accommodations.

Ladies and Gentlemen, and Voters of the great state of Minnesota (or elsewhere) ....

I am proud to announce the 2018 Pear Harvest is in from Orrock Township. I spend the morning laboring away, without the help of illegal immigrants, like one of my opponents uses, to get it all in.

Here is the bounty from my labors:

View attachment 1502559

Any Ideas on how to best cook/bake/fry/prepare them?

Prepare them just like you would fried apples or baked apples. Get vanilla ice cream hide from spouse/ kids, enjoy bounty... or.. share of you feel like being nice

Good morning Erli!
Good morning all!
We are back from camping at Fall Lake (near BWCA) we caught walleye and smallies. Drank some blueberry blonde ale and bobbed for blueberries in the beer. Hot one. Sadie played in the kawishiwi river rapids. Got sore paws. Kids put down their iPhones and all was well!

Earlier last week I watched my friend Shannon’s birds as she went on a family trip. Before we went on ours. Took some pictures of her set up for you all.
View attachment 1502459 View attachment 1502460 View attachment 1502461 View attachment 1502462

You can see one of holms’ buff Cochins there aptly names Big Bird.

Back to my stuff.
View attachment 1502481
Buff Orpington cockerel from Holms. Louie.

View attachment 1502485
Adopted barred rock. Freya. We are home #4 since she hatched in April.
View attachment 1502477
Life this past weekend.

View attachment 1502486

Bobbing for blueberries.:drool
That hen house is amazing!!

Looks like lots of fun on the water too. Good for you!

Look at the head on that Cochin! Did she only hath the one Cochin?

Louie has a very nice wing carriage.. Can’t wait to see him as an adult!

We only got one cochin. Louie was suppose to be a cochin...? remember? Hahaha. Just joshing you! The last egg out of the Holms' coop during my arrival. I'm thrilled to have him. And Shannon is in love with Big Bird already.

Ed I do feel bad for Jerry out there building his native timber cabin in the 91 degree summer weather. I cannot imagine. Perhaps I should bring over some wine coolers and frozen blue berries. I can show him the trick. As the frozen blueberries come to beer temperature, the bubbles from the beverage go into the berries and when you eat them, they bubble and fizz and taste like champagne. Oh...they were so good.

Thank you for good thoughts on Louie Holms. He is a precious boy. No behaviors. Just a big momma's boy.

DS is going to look at a truck in Baxter tonight. I hate car/truck shopping so much that I'm nervous for him. He's bringing Dad who knows two shakes about mechanical stuff, but they are also bringing a friend of Trevor's who rebuilt a Dodge Dually two steps from the junk yard into a 1 ton Dodge truck that is absolutely gorgeous. Kid is talented. even though he chose a Dodge. Nonetheless I feel reassured he is there for the ride and back up for DH and DS. Hopefully this truck thing will be over tonight.

This one might be going to Hutch...

30BD430D-15F5-46E2-9060-14C233E6CF2D.jpeg
6FB7DB0C-F7AA-41ED-B1E7-6FCCBA0CD7CA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom