Surviving Minnesota!

View attachment 1762480 There is a man in the coop again.
This is Sentry. He is TFred’s partridge chantecler. He’s a big beautiful rooster we’re putting to work on this chicken ranch.

Abigail my little soft spoken black Ameraucana with the sweetest purrs swooped from her corner like a bat out of hades to greet him and then challenged him on the roost. He slightly raised up on his haunches , towered over her, and that was that.

Plus we moved her ornery hen pecking keester over by her sister, Tilly. I’m feeling more complete with a rooster. The dynamic feels complete. I hope they learn to all get along without issues.
View attachment 1762489
These two welcome committee members are sure to be the ones with questionable morals tomorrow. One is fast as lightning but squats at every movement to pet her and the NH is Sooo slow. I’m home tomorrow. I’m excited to see how he does. :wee
Handsome boy you've got there! Downright beautiful!

Very pretty!

625F57E1-CE64-4467-B40E-AF33A78A0705.jpeg
F1FA813D-8E8B-4975-9B6D-04544A8519F4.jpeg

I went into the coop to see where Bitsy and the kids were going to spend the night and I found this, I cracked up :lau

Just popped on to see if anyone in Minnesota has any Partridge Chanteclers available? We are in Todd County, MN.

I know that I can order some from a hatchery but thought I might get better birds from an experienced breeder, if I can find one.

Thanks for any leads.
I don't qualify as an experienced breeder. The are many others active in this forum that are more knowledgeable. I have some PCs that are out of Mike Gilbert's over in Wisconsin. I have not shown them, but understand that they are pretty good birds though certainly not perfect. I don't have any young stock at the moment.

I could provide hatching eggs if you get to that point. Happy to help, but you may find better options.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom