Surviving Minnesota!

You guys.... Mom got up to eat so I had to sneak a peak. Set 8 eggs with a broody. Found one rolled out of the nest last night. This morning....
20190925_090343.jpg

You guys.... Mom got up to eat so I had to sneak a peak. Set 8 eggs with a broody. Found one rolled out of the nest last night. This morning....View attachment 1917485
I'm up to 5 chicks now. Kind of a goofy time of year to hatch, but I didn't really think mama was all that serious about sitting. We'll see if I end up needing to hang a heat lamp outside, or if she'll keep them warm enough.

I'm up to 5 chicks now. Kind of a goofy time of year to hatch, but I didn't really think mama was all that serious about sitting. We'll see if I end up needing to hang a heat lamp outside, or if she'll keep them warm enough.
2016 I had a hen hatch around Thanksgiving. They did fine.

I have chicks hatching in about 5 days. A 7 month old White Rock that laid 18 eggs in the woods without my permission. :rolleyes: She’s down to 8 eggs though because I had to compromise with her. She could have chicks in the Fall, but not 18 of ‘em! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom