Surviving Minnesota!

I've had a busy last few days, I had therapy, a wedding rehearsal and a prayer service on Thursday evening. Friday I had a funeral and a wedding. I got home yesterday morning, cleaned, made a dessert, siblings and a friend and I went outside in the afternoon, I rode horse (first time in 5 months!!) while they went snowboarding and sledding. We then went and followed the hill runoff for quite a ways upstream and then headed back downstream to if it had reached the creek yet, which it had.
IMG_20200125_154309.jpg

It was pretty cool, I've never been there when the water started opening up behind the barns. When we went outside it hadn't reached the small dam back there and about an hour later the dam had water over the ice and it was quickly moving towards the creek

IMG_20200125_155647.jpg

Here's the sisters broody. I'm surprised she stuck with it through the cold snap

Attachments

• IMG_20200125_154250.jpg
    IMG_20200125_154250.jpg
    981.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20200125_154311.jpg
    IMG_20200125_154311.jpg
    958.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20200125_155647.jpg
    IMG_20200125_155647.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 1
Morning . So how is the ice fishing prospects ? Still unsafe ice ?
Up north it is. Too much water and slush, plus with the snow load.

I talked to a guy yesterday who did fish by Togo, but he had to pack the snow down with a snowmobile..

let the packed snow/slush ice freeze then he could fish in the tracks..

Said it was a lot of work for the fish and not worth it..

Around her we have about a foot of ice and the slush is not too bad from what I have heard.

If you find a resort or somebody like my husband that has kept a snow road open then that road is about 15 inches of ice. Before this warm spell there was a couple nights of -20 and the heavy wet slush did freeze into some sort of crumbly weird ice. And those ‘refreezes ‘ are spotty and unpredictable at best. When it was wet and slushy dH did not check on the fish house so we are ...#%&@?! It will have to be taken off in pieces as the slush thaws...? Hopefully in February...? His friend says well it can’t get any worse let’s wait and see what happens. Lol. Frozen in right to the floor or higher. 🙄

This weekend is our ice Bocce tournament. We have company for two nights. Cleaned out our guest room and closet. 15 years of children’s books, toys, bunk beds, rocking recliner all removed.
Felt good to get this room in shape for guests as it should be.
Chickens still bored to tears in the run. The snow has compressed a bit on the trail sides. Maybe not butt high anymore. But higher than my knees.

I got Sadie a chuckit ball thrower because I throw like a ninny. Nearly kills my shoulder and arm for little throws. She. Loves. Me! And the chuckit. Our vet usually chastises us in the spring because she gains in the winter. We-ell mr. Veterinarian we are going to be surprising you this spring.

Jerry whatcha hatching???? 🤗

It looks bad...
February is going to come in like a lamb.

and

The woodchucks will see their shadow Sunday ..
Which means we won’t have sprung until June....

BC, I feel for you and your fish house. I have not been on the lakes yet this winter. I was going to put a dark house out, However, I became concerned about the ice and did not want to saw, chip, chisel and dig a house out of the ice.

There is a dark house on one of the lakes here. The only house on the lake and it has been here since deer season. I thought it would fall in at thanksgiving..It didn’t, but I can see ice about a foot up the sides, The guy still fishes in it. But I bet he sits in water or ice.. unless he really put tall blocks under it.

Bird wise I have an abundance of eggs, mostly turkey.

It looks bad...
February is going to come in like a lamb.

and

The woodchucks will see their shadow Sunday ..
Which means we won’t have sprung until June....

BC, I feel for you and your fish house. I have not been on the lakes yet this winter. I was going to put a dark house out, However, I became concerned about the ice and did not want to saw, chip, chisel and dig a house out of the ice.

There is a dark house on one of the lakes here. The only house on the lake and it has been here since deer season. I thought it would fall in at thanksgiving..It didn’t, but I can see ice about a foot up the sides, The guy still fishes in it. But I bet he sits in water or ice.. unless he really put tall blocks under it.

Bird wise I have an abundance of eggs, mostly turkey.
See! I told you ice fishing was crazy.

Back
Top Bottom