Surviving Minnesota!

I am afraid toads are going to be like dinosaurs...a Failure....

all day on the ice and not much for fish...but I lost a rod......

Then an eagle made off with my northern from on the snow... I can’t win!View attachment 2028806
I have told DH and DS that they should just use their eskimos. Only way to go IMHO after this year. I can count the days on one hand that they used the permanent. :rolleyes:

Of course the bite fell off after Christmas and then just some crap luck with that heavy 16 inch snowfall. But nonetheless.....

Also DH's use of fall time keeping it in good repair revealed some water damage along some seals and such. If it comes apart on the lake I think it will not be such a huge loss.

I have told DH and DS that they should just use their eskimos. Only way to go IMHO after this year. I can count the days on one hand that they used the permanent. :rolleyes:

Of course the bite fell off after Christmas and then just some crap luck with that heavy 16 inch snowfall. But nonetheless.....

Also DH's use of fall time keeping it in good repair revealed some water damage along some seals and such. If it comes apart on the lake I think it will not be such a huge loss.
I think you're right. If I were inclined to ice fish I definitely go with a shelter like Ralphie's little cube tent. That huge camper is just for show-offs imo. :lau

The sleeper houses are nice I guess. And they do double for RV's. But one bad snow fall like this year and Mother Nature has it in for you.

Cindy I overall agree with you. The older I get the less material things I want under my care honestly. We sold two dirt bikes and two snowmobiles this fall. Finally. I'm looking to have my outdoorsman/hoarder get rid of more of his gear and equipment. I have my faults too. Dont get me wrong. I have a 1/2 closet dedicated to a hobby I have little interest in any more. IDK. It will get slimmed down. eventually.

We were all in for a while, to have a camper. One thing we discovered was that to keep them nice you almost have to keep them in covered storage. Ultimately it just wasn't worth it. You could easily rent a hotel room or a cottage, etc. for way less money than it would cost to buy and maintain a camper. And you so don't want a used one. They almost all leak and have multiple other problems.

Back
Top Bottom