Surviving Minnesota!

Everyone I know that had a camper or motorhome has had $$ issues. I see a lot of them at dog shows. They can sure get fancy!!
They sure can. We will get something a step up from a tent when we get one.

I would like one I could spend a week on a lake fishing in. Or a day or two reading a book if the weather is bad.

My little Eskimo is not something you would want to spent a week in. Sleeping would be hard to do.

I have been busy...

life stuff...

I actually have not done a lot of politicking... I have given a few speeches/talks and have a few coming up...

I only have one this week in Waite Park... otherwise I have farming to do...and getting ready for the WW to retire in May..

I am trying to get naps in as I think my quiet retirement will end when she retires and is here everyday.., I might need to fish more.

We looked at an ice castle so we could eelpout in style. But we have not decided what to get. We kind of want a RV to travel in but don’t want to over do it.

We looked at a couple of 30 ft plus ones with 3 slide outs... but they are spendy...

Everything extra is just something more to break and repair.. also the weight on them is a lot for thin ice..

We are thinking now about around 18 ft.. no slide outs and kind of plain Jane to cut down on repairs, maintenance and expense towing.

The WW wants a bathroom and shower but I see those as problems waiting to happen..

Water freezes in winter and the shower just takes up space..

Suggestions and help wanted..

Good morning all. The chickens are faring well this winter even though they have been confined to coop and run. they are likely looking forward to snow melt as much as I am.
Jerry, there have been many old photos shared on the Ameraucana Facebook site recently and you have been in many of them. You do look somewhat different in your earlier days, as we all do. There will be plenty of water at your lake this spring due to wet fall and snowy winter. Lake Superior is at an all time high level it is reported, and I suspect with snow melt will get even higher.
At the time I don't have any Ameraucana's but plan to get some this spring as well as adding to my Spitzhaubens and Buckeyes. My Marans flock should probably be downsized over the summer. I believe I will resist the thought to sell chicks or started pullets, as the financial reward is not worth the potential aggravation dealing with the customers ?
Ralphie is conspicuous in his absence and is either politicking or perhaps has fallen through the ice in his pursuit of eelpout ?

Would you possibly have fertile Marans eggs for sale? I have a broody hen...

Well I had a appointment this morning . Then we went to Walmart . I was left unsupervised and roots and bulbs were in . So I bought a bunch . Went to TSC in a mood to buy chicks but nothing appealed to me . Wanted 5 red sex links for some brown eggs . None just some black pullets labeled Asian . Did not want to chance cockerels in vent sexed chicks . Sex links = no mistakes . Snowing here . Sigh . Should be near 60 Sunday .

F6DDE97C-5FC3-45A3-97E3-F8546BDD9491.jpeg

Here’s our 1995 25’ Jayco. No slides. Has shower and potty. Queen upstairs. Fold out sofa and the table bed. I cook breakfast inside here. But supper is done outdoors For the most part. Camp chairs by the fire. T Last year’s cold put a major crack in the kitchen linoleum. Bummer. But we love our out of date affordable camper. I load it with snacks, drinks, good food, monopoly, cribbage board, can coozies, comfy camp chairs, bean bags and we are on the road. We also hook up the tan turd. (Hunter brown Lund Alaskan) and take our paid for set up down the road. DH has 3/4 ton Chevy with the Allison transmission. We also are flatland camping here. Not pulling the toys up mountains. If we were to do an out west trip— hotels it would be. When we have loaded camper and aluminum boat hooked up I can watch the gas needle move... there is where the wash is.
We love our set up though for what we do. Before was a tent. This much better!

Back
Top Bottom