Surviving Minnesota!

On Thursday I with 4/5 children traveled to my mom’s house in Wisconsin. While there the kids swam in her pool played with cousins and we spun honey and helped in the garden. It was good to go home for a few days. The twins stayed with her and Ashlyn went to stay with a friend. So I am now down to my two eldest children until late Thursday night!

It is also my first day going back into my classroom to put things away after a window remodel. Tomorrow it’ll be cleaned out and the floors waxed. It is a bit bittersweet as while we have some guidance from the governor our school plan will be announced later this week on specifics to how school will run. Right now our county will have in class full time with masks. Which is the best that can be had under the guidelines. Sometimes living in the land of rocks and cows pays off.

Oh picture rule!

Attachments

• 82BE34EE-23ED-4036-B8C5-E36C1C93EE4C.jpeg
    82BE34EE-23ED-4036-B8C5-E36C1C93EE4C.jpeg
    362.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 305AC56A-4DAB-405E-A6F7-245E50051E8B.jpeg
    305AC56A-4DAB-405E-A6F7-245E50051E8B.jpeg
    971.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 41F236D0-84CC-4F43-B606-FF7931DBF7F7.jpeg
    41F236D0-84CC-4F43-B606-FF7931DBF7F7.jpeg
    669.4 KB · Views: 11
On Thursday I with 4/5 children traveled to my mom’s house in Wisconsin. While there the kids swam in her pool played with cousins and we spun honey and helped in the garden. It was good to go home for a few days. The twins stayed with her and Ashlyn went to stay with a friend. So I am now down to my two eldest children until late Thursday night!

It is also my first day going back into my classroom to put things away after a window remodel. Tomorrow it’ll be cleaned out and the floors waxed. It is a bit bittersweet as while we have some guidance from the governor our school plan will be announced later this week on specifics to how school will run. Right now our county will have in class full time with masks. Which is the best that can be had under the guidelines. Sometimes living in the land of rocks and cows pays off.

Did you go to the campgrounds on the river Saturday?

We spend the past several days in the Suburbs of Fredenberg. We were only in the greater metropolitan area of Fredenberg once.

On the way up we waved at @EJB as we went thru Adolph.

Did you go to the campgrounds on the river Saturday?

We spend the past several days in the Suburbs of Fredenberg. We were only in the greater metropolitan area of Fredenberg once.

On the way up we waved at @EJB as we went thru Adolph.
Nice of you to wave Ralphie, but I didn't see you. It is generally quite safe even in downtown Fredenberg. Nice place to fish there at the dam on Island Lake.

DB6BB3AD-E4CD-4E9E-9B75-EE0E355A8E1E.jpeg

The path to the coop got tricky tonight.
Very tricky.
He’s helping us out getting the grubs and cutworms roto rootered out. But it’s been about 4 days since I started seeing the holes.

On a sadder note a circle of black feathers in the lawn today and my Abigail gone. No feathers trailing off so I think she was lifted upward and onward by aerial talons if I had a guess -by our national bird I’m guessing. Sigh. Rip Abigail. 😞

Sorry about Rudy MNchickMom.
I’ve got my Urchline NH hen but her feet are bad and she’s a little putzy. And I’ve got eagles ... lol... I do worry about her.

View attachment 2275692
The path to the coop got tricky tonight.
Very tricky.
He’s helping us out getting the grubs and cutworms roto rootered out. But it’s been about 4 days since I started seeing the holes.

On a sadder note a circle of black feathers in the lawn today and my Abigail gone. No feathers trailing off so I think she was lifted upward and onward by aerial talons if I had a guess -by our national bird I’m guessing. Sigh. Rip Abigail. 😞

Sorry about Rudy MNchickMom.
I’ve got my Urchline NH hen but her feet are bad and she’s a little putzy. And I’ve got eagles ... lol... I do worry about her.

You got a new cat!!!

How lucky. Did you name him yet?

I thought I had learned the secret to big onions on the internet... they lied!

I cut the tops and dig out around them. They did not grow larger. The outside ring got harder is all..

And the tops still fell over.

Does anyone know if there is a way to grow large onions up here? I want softball sized onions.

Is it even possible to get large long day onions?

It says so on the internet so it must be true!!

I bookmarked the page for next year.
I got some to try this year but none of my onions are doing good this year. I just unburied them from the weeds yesterday. I have in the past grown their Yellow Spanish to 5" diameter, 2lb. bulbs.

Another chicken lifted to a different nest high in a white pine I’m guessing. Edith Piaf. My character marans. Chickens in the coop for 3 days. Loaded up on feed and water as we go to fall lake tomorrow. Sister will be here Friday night. But those days in the coop should break up some of the madness.

Back
Top Bottom