Surviving Minnesota!

Are the bee keepers on this thread familiar with the Flow Hive? If so, do you know if they work well in this Northern climate? If they are as easy to deal with as it seems I might try keeping bees myself ?

Are the bee keepers on this thread familiar with the Flow Hive? If so, do you know if they work well in this Northern climate? If they are as easy to deal with as it seems I might try keeping bees myself ?
I researched it and believe it to be a gimmick that cannot actually work as advertised. No reputable Bee Equipment Supply outfits that I have found carry them.

The chickens were roosting strangely last night. Got home after dark and when I went to close things up most of the birds were hiding in the coop but not on the roosting perches.
Had me worried but I did not do a head count til this morning and all are there.
Thought that perhaps they were harassed by the Bears?
Bears visited in the early morning hours on Friday while yet dark out. I chased them off, but had I known what they were up to they would have received lead in their posterior. When it got light out I discovered they had forced open the service door in the garage and broke into the freezer which is in there. They prefer sausages and pork chops to beef, and if they return it will not be good for their health!

The chickens were roosting strangely last night. Got home after dark and when I went to close things up most of the birds were hiding in the coop but not on the roosting perches.
Had me worried but I did not do a head count til this morning and all are there.
Thought that perhaps they were harassed by the Bears?
Bears visited in the early morning hours on Friday while yet dark out. I chased them off, but had I known what they were up to they would have received lead in their posterior. When it got light out I discovered they had forced open the service door in the garage and broke into the freezer which is in there. They prefer sausages and pork chops to beef, and if they return it will not be good for their health!
Bears and wolves the two most evil critters to ever live ( counting coons as baby bear of course).

Last edited:
Weather guy says it has not been this warm on this date since 1891 .
It was a really hot day. I used it to go into my bees.

The WW assisted me as I was not up to going in alone. But it was a great day, I managed to pull about 80 pounds of honey for me and isolate around 180 pounds to be given to 2 hives for winter.

I did not tell the third hive there days are numbered.

Back
Top Bottom