Surviving Minnesota!

She thought my eyeball was a grape, a green grape. :D
Yikes!

One of mine tried once but missed. I think she was just going for the shiney thing or lashes. But I about 3/4 convinced that when I sit with them, and they cuddle close, and they twitter softly to each other, and tilt their heads when I talk to them, and they look deep into my eyes, and study my face.. they are really trying to figure out how to eat me.

I had one go for my lip once too. And they will eat each other, dontcha know.

Yikes!

One of mine tried once but missed. I think she was just going for the shiney thing or lashes. But I about 3/4 convinced that when I sit with them, and they cuddle close, and they twitter softly to each other, and tilt their heads when I talk to them, and they look deep into my eyes, and study my face.. they are really trying to figure out how to eat me.

I had one go for my lip once too. And they will eat each other, dontcha know.
Yes! don't fall down, you will be a buffet line.

The Great Horned Owls are numerous in my pine forest. I often hear them calling at night especially in fall and winter. Screech Owls in the summer are a nuisance. The Great Horned can get through an opening that is quite small, as they are mostly feathers and talons. I once had a race bird come in after dark which could get through a small opening into an aviary. A Great Horned got in and had the pigeon for dinner. The Owl could not get back out, and thus I found him in the morning. When I grabbed him he got me a good one with a talon, and I assure you they are razor sharp.
I do not have the same disdain for Owls that I have for Hawks, and thus that Owl still lives although he left a scar to remember him by.

I, being old and wise, wore thick leather welding gloves before attempting to capture the owl.

However, my superior bird netting skills allowed me to release the mean flying razor blade without actually touching it. I was worried it would slice through the net before I got it out the door.

However, once again I underestimated my skills.

I, being old and wise, wore thick leather welding gloves before attempting to capture the owl.

However, my superior bird netting skills allowed me to release the mean flying razor blade without actually touching it. I was worried it would slice through the net before I got it out the door.

However, once again I underestimated my skills.
Just step on the net next time, because I bet a flying razor blade will be back 😂

Back
Top Bottom