Surviving Minnesota!

923D4C74-4CE2-4636-8D1D-A9D682C16BF5.jpeg

this is the price I have to pay for this……..
74B86578-78BE-4196-998C-5F5817C7D6E4.jpeg

In my kids defense I did tell them I would likely be re-stringing the wash line in the next few years. It looks like that has been moved up to this spring.
This back strap is compliments of my son on youth hunt. Unfortunately his older wiser sister shot once and dropped her little heavier doe. But I will not complain as we love venison.

View attachment 2878606
this is the price I have to pay for this……..View attachment 2878605
In my kids defense I did tell them I would likely be re-stringing the wash line in the next few years. It looks like that has been moved up to this spring.
This back strap is compliments of my son on youth hunt. Unfortunately his older wiser sister shot once and dropped her little heavier doe. But I will not complain as we love venison.
I guess that's a meatball? Wrapped in bacon?
I have stared at it and stared at it and reread the post trying to figure out what in the world it is. Finally realized it was actually food.. Without zooming in it looks like some gory chunk of bloody meat or organ. I knew it had something to do with the deer so I was trying to figure out what part of the deer it was. 🤣
I thought it was covered in maggots.

I guess that's a meatball? Wrapped in bacon?
I have stared at it and stared at it and reread the post trying to figure out what in the world it is. Finally realized it was actually food.. Without zooming in it looks like some gory chunk of bloody meat or organ. I knew it had something to do with the deer so I was trying to figure out what part of the deer it was. 🤣
I thought it was covered in maggots.
This is marinated venison backstrap. It is the tender meat that runs along the back vertibrae of the deer.

Rain coming Thursday and Friday here . Yesterday I ordered 6 chestnut trees . Need to gather some black walnuts . Shorter days mean less time to do outdoor things .

Back
Top Bottom