Surviving Minnesota!

Hello everyone, I’m new here. I’m starting up my first coop this spring in the Twin Cities suburbs. I was about to place a chick order with a big hatchery, but I much prefer to buy from a local breeder.

I’ve messaged a couple of people, but if there is anyone you would recommend, please let me know.

Searching through these long threads isn’t real easy. Are there any coop designs you like for our cold winters? We will be building one ourselves. Thanks!

There are quite a few 8x12 and at least a few 6x10 versions on this forum. I won't keep on about it but can probably find them fairly easily if they might fit in your yard.

There are quite a few 8x12 and at least a few 6x10 versions on this forum. I won't keep on about it but can probably find them fairly easily if they might fit in your yard.
They would fit if we faced it east. We have a south facing house/lot. I just think it looks so much better from that front elevation instead of sideways. I need to get out there and take some measurements too.

Back
Top Bottom