Surviving Minnesota!

Good day all- I just placed an order for hatchery chicks. Man are they limited in the females that I want to help out some 4H kids. I assume the egg prices have lots to do with people ordering chicks for spring.

Last week my local Target was selling pasture raised 18 pack of eggs for 9.99 and a 12 pack for 7.39. The basic white eggs were selling for 4.19 a dozen. This is unreal......Kwik trip once sold them for .59 a dozen!

Crazy egg prices! I just joined a fb minnesota chicken breeder page, i'm not on there but once a month or less, but i'll be looking for some chicks come spring so went looking for breeders, we'll see. you might want to try there.

I've been under the weather, picked up covid (again) Christmas eve, me, daughter, husband, and my daughters husband. wasn't too bad, head cold basically, but the mucus just won't clear up :sick had it in sept. 2021. that time was a little worse, not too bad either though. just the smell taste thing. still aint right, but i read an article a few days ago that niacin can help, so i started taking and and guess what? it is helping! I can taste way better than i've been able to since sept. 2021! So, that is good, right? only i'm gaining some weight cause everything tastes so good! :drool yikes! :gig

Crazy egg prices! I just joined a fb minnesota chicken breeder page, i'm not on there but once a month or less, but i'll be looking for some chicks come spring so went looking for breeders, we'll see. you might want to try there.

I've been under the weather, picked up covid (again) Christmas eve, me, daughter, husband, and my daughters husband. wasn't too bad, head cold basically, but the mucus just won't clear up :sick had it in sept. 2021. that time was a little worse, not too bad either though. just the smell taste thing. still aint right, but i read an article a few days ago that niacin can help, so i started taking and and guess what? it is helping! I can taste way better than i've been able to since sept. 2021! So, that is good, right? only i'm gaining some weight cause everything tastes so good! :drool yikes! :gig
I had the covid back in nov. But i never lost taste or smell. And i was hungry as a horse! Well..after the first 18 hour straight fever i had. It was so weird.

I would like to get a few in case SHTF and I need/want to have a self sustaining meat bird flock. Are they relatively healthy and able to be kept for a few years? or do they only live a couple of years?
Ours were very healthy and hardy. I had them for 3 years and gave them away because I needed to downsize.

As to cold, I had them in AZ, so... No idea.

Back
Top Bottom