Sustainability Experiment

Quote:
Don’t let anyone tell you that you’re not doing the right thing. If you feel it right for you then you go for it.

I worked for the local school district as a bus driver and I home schooled my kids …all 4 of them. My family told me that I was ruining my kid’s lives that I was going to have a bunch of illiterate idiots on my hands.

Well guess what….all 4 of my kids have college degrees and not a single one of the other family members can say the same thing. In fact a couple of them who said I was ruining my kid’s lives are raising their illegitimate grand children right now.

Most public schools now days are a very hard place to come up in, not all kids are strong enough to come out the other end in one piece. I’m retired now but I used to drive these kids to and from school every day…..I could tell you stories that would curl your hair.

* My family doesn't understand why I recycle, DH gets annoyed when I take his Arizona iced tea cans out of the trash, or when I ask him to drop stuff at the thrift store, my neighbors get a kick out of my having a hen, but think I'm weird for it and for growing my own yard, and making fertilizer rather than just buying sod and having a service spray stuff. That's just to start. . . OH WELL!!!

clap.gif

It will be a fun ride!

I think many of us here are doing the same thing. But, I'll come right out and admit I crave coffee, sugar and Italian wine too much to strictly obey the 100 mile rule. But, I do my darn best with the remainder of our diet.

Back
Top Bottom