swamp river farm thread

I am sorry everyone for the lack of posts we spent last week in Tennesee where we had lots of fun I just was not home to be able to post but either way everyone is doing good the babies are getting big and I just sold some eggs to the dark side

let me explain on the other side of the swamp is the farm that raises animals in poor conditions for eggs and meat, this side of the swamp is our farm where we save animals from similar fates and give them a nice long life as well as lots of love and attention. A guy came by today and asked for some guinea eggs I gave him a dozen and he asked how many eggs I had, he ended up buying the three dozen guinea eggs we had which a few people in this house have an allergy to so it's ok he asked a lot of questions like what I feed the birds, what kinds of birds I have. Then he mentioned that he owns a farm across the swamp my mind immediately goes to the time one of our birds ended up over there and he tried to keep it claiming it was his although our birds have color-coded bands his birds don't so he knew it wasn't i also thought of the time we had a silver pheasant over here most likely from his farm we attempted to catch him but i believe the coyotes got to it first.

19 guinea fowl? Have you had your hearing checked lately, that has to be loud lol. 4-6 is all I can put up with roaming around the property.
18 right now I grew up with them around so I'm kind of used to it and the doctor says I have exceptional hearing I can hear my cats meow from a mile away and they aren't that loud

Last edited:
just realized i didn't finish going over everyone so let's see
we went over Emma and Cookie and Foxie who else oh and the new chicks
so we will do the older hens next and then the cats

my first three chickens are Amber, Lacy, and Whitney my teacher hatched them out and i fell in love so he gave me the three barnyard mixes

amber.jpg

Amber first

lacy .jpg

then Lacy

whitney.jpg

and Whitney

after those three i was at our county fair like always on the last day there was one hen who stood out to me a $20 cream legbar hen that was already laying the only chicken nobody showed interest in I said to myself if she still here tonight ill buy her and here we are we drove the hour the next day to pick up Greta shown below

fNrPssy4nIYGxOIZOxHJh9Pg-KRkNZ5eRy94eR1VJwE4zOLFtEprDMvdyjSpaXyHfoSw_EfYGz5q40YKX_VESOw8chQU7UEKt4d7BshnMRFUQ2mbXi_PcFkCYzaUpbOWB9mKt6v0rV4xlRCoqrwP-zT50Q=s2048

Last edited:
They look healthy and are physically attractive. Amber, Lacy and Whitney also appear to be happily foraging for food. Greta appears to just be posing for the camera, but we've already established that she is a lovely girl.

You clearly care about them all and are taking their well-being seriously!

They look healthy and are physically attractive. Amber, Lacy and Whitney also appear to be happily foraging for food. Greta appears to just be posing for the camera, but we've already established that she is a lovely girl.

You clearly care about them all and are taking their well-being seriously!
the picture of Greta is from when she was still in quarantine She now forages with the rest and you know I'm a new chicken owner so I am sure I dont do everything right when it comes to them

Back
Top Bottom